Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Seasonic M12D PSU's - NOT COMPATABLE WHY ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Seasonic M12D PSU's - NOT COMPATABLE WHY ??

Seasonic M12D and EX58-UD5 DO NOT WORK - Overclockers UK Forums

does the seasonic 750w not work with gigabyte ud5 - Overclockers UK Forums

YouTube - Seasonic M12D PSU won't boot system - Gigabyte EX58-UD5

As you can see in the above threads theirs definitly an issue between the too, some people are saying it's because of the EX58-UD5's long boot sequence, some saying because of Power Good Signal, maybe a too weak +5VSB.

I doubt it's a PSU problem, it worked with the Biostar Tpower X58 & my Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P & someone mentioned the PSU works fine with the Asus P6T Deluxe.

Can the Gigabyte Techs reproduce this major bug at your end? maybe its a simple bios issue?
    i7 4770K @ Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
    Gigabyte GTX 780 WF OC 3GB @ 1215/3713 Corsair HX 750 PSU
    Samsung 256GB SSD 830 Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
    NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Corsair Carbide Air 540

Re: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Seasonic M12D PSU's - NOT COMPATABLE WHY ??

This kind of stuff happens. IIRC several DFI boards have problems with Be Quiet or Enermax PSUs, and I remember reading soemthing about Asus boards as well.

I don't know what the casue for this is but I don't think it's got something to do with the BIOS version. It's probably got something to do with the power circuitry of the board for some reason not working well with the "signal quality" of the PSUs output voltages.

Comment

I've got exactly the same issue with Antec truepower new 750w, which I believe is made by seasonic for Antec. I returned the whole system to the place where I bought the components. The tech replaced the mobo with another new one - same problem! EVGA boards seem to be doing the same thing. Surely these manufacturers can go and buy the same stuff to replicate the issue in their labs, or is it that they know what the problem is, cant fix it and bury their heads in the sand because they dont want to admit a problem and RMA a million boards? Very frustrating.

Comment

Nelly, I got a reply back from Antec today. My Truepower New 750W is very similar to the seasonic M12D (Seasonic make the Truepower new for Antec). They told me that the early PSU's had an issue with X58 motherboards, and that they fixed the problem and have been shipping revised units for a while now. I'm guessing the same would apply with Seasonic, maybe you can check with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LuciferDarklord View Post
          Nelly, I got a reply back from Antec today. My Truepower New 750W is very similar to the seasonic M12D (Seasonic make the Truepower new for Antec). They told me that the early PSU's had an issue with X58 motherboards, and that they fixed the problem and have been shipping revised units for a while now. I'm guessing the same would apply with Seasonic, maybe you can check with them.
          Doesnt effect me but contacting Seasonic Support, I'll see what they say, will reply back once I get an answer.

Comment

HAHA, just came to link to Lucifer's post about his Antec and their comments about Seasonic's
            Gigabyte Latest BIOS - Page 162 - TweakTown Forums

These kind of things happen with all types of products, some can be solved on Gigabyte's end some cannot. This is not a problem they can address as it is not due to their product.

Comment

Here is the reply I got back from Seasonic, I e-mailed via [email protected]

Sent: 19 August 2009 18:54
              To: Paul
              Subject: Re: Seasonic M12D Series - issue booting up X58 Motherboards.

Hi Paul,
              To my knowledge, both we and GBT made changes to the products.
              Where is your location?
              If you have any troubles, just let me know and I will make sure any issues are resolved.
              Regards,
              Walter

-------------------------------------
              Walter Sun
              Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd.
              [email protected]
              Tel: +31 65 207 4777
              -------------------------------------
              I already have the M12D but I'm worried if I switch to X58 motherboard or the P55 being released next month, I'll have the same issue.

I was just wondering if the issue has been fixed.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

Comment

So sounds like the possibly made some BIOS changes to address the issue then?

All is good now right with your new PSU and these drives with GBT boards? Hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  So sounds like the possibly made some BIOS changes to address the issue then?

All is good now right with your new PSU and these drives with GBT boards? Hope so
                  I've never had a problem with mine used it on a few motherboards including X58, seems to be other people suffering so I thought I'd investigate.

I've posted the e-mail on a few messageboards so anyone needs help they just have to e-mail Walter @ Seasonic.

Comment

Ahh ok! Thanks for posting, yes I have seen a few issues in the past with OCZ and Seasonics and I think a few others.

Thanks for posting and adding the email Addy so others may email them

Comment

Hi, i have exactly the same problem. My mobo is Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 2.0, PSU Seasonic M12D-850. When i try to turn it on, it only spins the fan for split of a second and then turn itself off. With another PSU (Seasonic M12II-620) the PC runs just fine.
                      PSU is older, bought 03/2010, rest of the PC is brand new (09/2010).

I sent the PSU for RMA and i also sent an email to Seasonic tech support to be sure that the problem is fixed with new revisions of the PSU, should the seller send me a brand new replacement.
                      I will post here later about how this issue was solved.

Comment

its probably not producing enough power to run things,gigabyte boards can be picky with psu's
                        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                          its probably not producing enough power to run things,gigabyte boards can be picky with psu's
                          Please read again the thread and my previous post before writing something. Your answer is useless and not helpful. I wrote that the PC runs smooth with 620W Seasonic PSU so why would U think that 850W Seasonic can not deliver enough power. It is clearly a compatibility issue between the board and the PSU.
                          I am waiting for reply from seasonic tech support about what is causing the problem and if it has been solved in new revision of the PSU. I will post again as soon as i will get some helpful answer to this issue.
                          Last edited by Hoba.rce; 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

like i said it depends on the wattage of the 12v rails and the power wattage it supplies to the cpu,they could vary and again it could have been a faulty psu that you had,ive known some ocz and zalman psu not to work at all with gigabyte mb's
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting. Seasonic is the OEM for both OCZ and Zalman.
                              EP45-UD3P 1.1
                              QX9770 @ 3.6Ghz (formerly E8500 @ 3.6Ghz)
                              4 X Corsair XMP2 DDR2 800 RAM
                              Sapphire HD5850 1GB
                              Ceton InfiniTV4 cablecard tuner
                              Apple 23 inch Cinema display + Dell SR2320L

Comment

Working...
                              X