GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H Ram Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H Ram Problem

Hi all. Yesterday I had a bad crash while trying to restore my system with an Acronis True Image back up, I lost everything on the C drive. No big deal, everything is backed up 2 more times.
    I spent an hour trying to recover the OS when I gave up and decided to reload windows, then the mobo started to get weird. I couldn't load any OS and at that point suspected bad Ram for the crash and the new problem.
    After another reboot, I couldn't even get into the bios and had to pull the cmos battery to reset the board.
    I swapped out the ram to 4 gigs that tested good with no errors and reloaded the OS. The new OS boots slow, operates slow and has random errors as if the ram was bad, but I know it's good. The entire comp is less then 3 months old. I don't know a lot about mobo's, so I ran a benchmark with PCWizard using 2 ram slots at a time with 2, 4, and 8 gigs of ram. PCWizard shows no benchmarks for any ram that I use, as in the number is 0, but the system still operates. There is obviously a problem and I suspect the mobo, but I'm lost. Does anyone know what this might be or how to test the mobo?

Re: GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H Ram Problem

Hi Phoboz I am sorry that you are having trouble with your system. I believe you will want to go into your bios and setup your memory manually. In order to do so you will need the part numbers of your memory. That's the only way to insure you will get the voltage and timings right on that OCZ gold. See they have alot of different ones---->
    OCZ Technology | Products | DDR2 | Gold Series
    Last edited by artdrivers; 08-02-2009, 12:14 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan