• Show
Clear All

• Please, Help Me !! GA-M61PME-S2P

Please I need help, I'm building a new computer and I bought The follow:
    GA-M61PME-S2P
    AMD A64 X2 7850 DUAL CORE 2.80 GHz
    2x 2GB DDR2 CORSAIR
    3.5" 1TB 32MB SATA HD SEAGATE

When I install Windows XP Pro/32, everything was fine, then I just noticed that XP do not reconize the VGA or LAN connections on the back, at the same moment when I try to install the application software that came with the motherboard so I imagine the problem was the drivers I notice that XP try to read the CD but never run it or give me an error code, I try to use a different CD (Vista Up Grade) and I have the same trouble, when I go to the control panel the CD Drive is there but is not working, so I imagine the problem could be the CD drive, I exchange it, and I continue with the same problem, also I dont see my second monitor or LAN. Just let me tell you the computer reconize and let me install the software from the Hard Drive and the software for USB wireless connection, what could be trouble? the BIOS version I'm using is F2
    I appriciate if some one can help me, Thanks

Re: Please, Help Me !! GA-M61PME-S2P

Have you been into Device manager to see if the Drivers are installed or not?
    Are the Onboard devices enabled in BIOS?

You also mention a second monitor, but not a video card in your parts list. That motherboard only supports single DSUB output doesn't it?

A few quick things to check
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
    Intel E6400 @ 3.2GHz
    Kingston 1GB x 4 PC5300 @ 800MHz
    Zotac 8800GT AMP! @ 770MHz

Comment

yoshi68,
      Thank you for your answer, In the device manager under DVD/CD-ROM drives, I have : "HP CD-WRITER+8000" , That's the CD Driver.
      Under Monitors: "Plug and Play Monitor" and under Dispaly adapters: "3ddfx Voodoo3" (That's the second video card), actualy that's the one working.
      In BIOS:
      * CMOS Setup Utility, the IDE Channel 0 Master: "Hewlett-Packard CD-W"
      * Integrated Peripherals:
      On-Chip IDE Channel [Enabled]
      NV SATA Controller [Enabled]
      IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled]
      USB Memory Type [Shadow]

Serial-ATA RAID Config [Press Enter]
      NV SATA RAID Function [Disabled]
      x NV SATA 1 Primary RAID Enabled
      x NV SATA 1 Secondary RAID Enabled

Any I deas?

Thank you so much !

Comment

I would manually download and install the latest drivers direct from Gigabyte as the ones on the CD are likely very old >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-M61PME-S2P (rev. 1.0)

Those drivers should get your LAN Going, provided you have it enabled in the BIOS.

For your CD Drive, are you using RAID? Looked like it from your settings is why I ask. If you are be sure you put your CD Drive onto the last SATA Port.

As for your second monitor, you do have the onboard GFX Disabled correct? We need some more info on these cards before we can advise further. Please list the specs of both cards. And have you used them both before for this purpose? If so, on what board? Just wanting to check to be sure

Comment

Thank you for your answer, let me give you all the setup in my BIOS:
          Version : F2

Standard CMOS Features:
          IDE Channel 0 Master [Hewlett-Packard CD-W]
          IDE Channel 0 Slave [None]
          IDE Channel 2 Master [STR31000528AS]
          IDE Channel 3 Master [None]

Drive A [1.44, 3.5"]
          Floppy 3 Mode Support [Disabled]

Halt On [All , But Keyboard]

Base Memory 640K
          Extended Memory 4031M

Advanced BIOS Features:
          Virtualization [Disabled]
          AMD K8 Cool&Quiet control [Auto]
          * Hard Disk Boot Priority [Press Enter]
          1. Ch2 M. : ST31000528AS
          2. Bootable Add-in Cards
          First Boot Device [Floppy]
          Second Boot Device [Hard Disk]
          Third Boot Device [CDROM]
          Password Check [Setup]
          HDD S.M.A.R.T Capability [Disabled]
          Away Mode [Disabled]
          Init Dispaly First [PEG]
          Frame Buffer Size [64M]
          Onboard GPU [Enable If No Ext PEG]

Integrated Peripherals:
          On-Chip IDE Channel [Enabled]
          NV SATA Controller [Enabled]
          IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled]
          USB Memory Type [Shadow]
          *Serial-ATA RAID Config [Press Enter]
          NV SATA RAID function [Disabled]
          x NV SATA 1 Primary RAID Enabled
          x NV SATA 1 Secondary RAID Enabled
          Onboard Audio Function [Auto]
          On-Chip MAC Lan [Auto]
          Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled]
          Onboard Serial Port 1 [3F8/IRQ4]
          Onboard Parallel Port [378/IRQ7]
          Parallel Port Mode [SPP]
          x ECP Mode Use DMA 3
          On-Chip USB [V1.1+V2.0]
          USB Keyboard Support [Disabled]
          USB Mouse Support [Disabled]
          Legacy USB storage detect [Enabled]

Any Ideas?

Thank you so much.

Comment

Set onboard GPU to disabled for sure since you are not using it.

Did you install the Chipset/LAN drivers I linked? Can you check your CD Drive jumper and be sure you have that correct? You should have it set to Master with the drive on the end of the IDE Cable, or CS (Cable Select) with the drive also on the end of the cable

Comment

One video card is with the Mother board, this are all the specs. of the board:
              nVIDEA GeForce6100/nForce430/rev.1.0
              AM2+/PCI-Ex1/Micro ATX
              2 DDR2 Dual-CH/HD Audio
              IO/100 LAN/2 SATA 3Gb/s/8 USB2.0

Thanks

Comment

I dow load the driver, now my question: how can I verify it's install? or how to install it?
                and yes the jumper on the CD ROM is as Master.

Thanks

Comment

So you are wanting to use your PCIE Card right, not the onboard GFX? You can't use both at once I don't think.

To install the driver you should just click on it, if it extracts to a folder then go inside and run the setup file

Comment

I just realize I'cant up-grade my my drivers because I'm runing Windows XP Pro 32-bits and no 64-bits , could be this my trouble??

Thanks

Comment

I download the Windows XP/32 version's of the drivers and I have the LAN and that's it , shows two video cards but in the control panel do not give methe option to enable two monitors, but my biggest trouble is the CD ROM, the only CD wants to read is the one for Windows XP, I have the CD to upgrade to Windows Vista 64 but when I try to use it, It's not reading and dont give me any type of error, when I try to boot from cd using windows vista just stay in there without reading and nothing happen , I'm re-installing Windows XP to see if something change...I dont know what else to do...Please HELP !

Thanks,

Comment

Hi just wanted to let you know i am using this board and 1) Had some problems with lan it was windows 7 not the board Ubuntu Linux still worked. 2) I noticed you are mentioning you cannot use both on board and a video card at the same time this info is incorrect no disrespect. The Nvidia video set-up got it all working for me i couldn't get it to save so i saved the set-up to my desktop and just moved the file in terminal using sudo. I love this board other then there seems to be a bug in the sound driver for linux that you have to really play with the sound settings in Linux to get the input to work. I haven't been able to. Other then that with a little tinkering (just setting the sound driver up the info is included with the driver you just have to do a little research) all is well. No problems with the board. Also a lot of people reported problems on newegg and i have spoken to many builders and they all told me it is the installer they love this board for cheap builds. you have to be very careful installing computer components and many people fry board and chips then cry crappy boards when this is not the case.

Comment

Working...
                        X