Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System won't boot when powered on, only LED's light up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: System won't boot when powered on, only LED's light up.

Hi d fly85 You may want to Test the board outside of the case before you send it off for RMA.
    You could be getting a short from the case. We recommend removing that motherboard from the case/chassis and test the board for POST. Please follow the following simple steps.
    1. Place the motherboard on top of the cardboard box (you can use the motherboard box)
    2. reseat and or install a good CPU, good CPU fan, good Memory, good power supply (plug the 1 X 20 pin and 1 X 4 or 2 X 8 pin from the power supply unit) and a good video card.
    3. Hook the monitor to the video card and be sure the monitor is switched on.
    4. Turn on the system board by using the good case "Power on" switch.
    If the system fails to POST, check the components' insertion again to ensure they are all connected properly.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 06-27-2009, 10:45 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Got my new Mobo and PSU today. Tested the PSU by jumping it. It's good. But the mobo is still doing the same thing. Any one have any suggestions/thoughts/diagnosis?

Comment

I found out what the problem with mine was, though it makes no sense to me. I wound up building the thing on a cardboard box, with only the VGU, RAM, and cpu connected. And, to my delight it booted. This lead me to figure it must have been shorting on the case, so I moved some standoff's around, etc. Then, I again tried booting it with only the above parts attached. Again, it booted. So then I plugged in everything else (front panel, usb, fans, etc.) No go. So I tried unplugging things bit by bit. Turns out if the power cord from the PSU the fans are plugged into (I have 4 fans) is attached to any of the sys_fan ports on the mobo, it refused to boot. No clue why, but that was my problem. Now it runs great. I hope this can help someone else.

Comment

Working...
        X