GA-EP45-UD3R and 4x2GB Dominator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R and 4x2GB Dominator

The instability might just have had somethign to do with the mainboard. Did you test both sticks previously in the same RAM slot? It could be that the board doesn't like having only one RAM stick in a certain slot but it works fine when you add more RAM sticks in other slots.
    You can try to reproduce the error by using jsut the 1 bad stick in the slot you tried before but probably the memtest errors were just a false alarm.

Comment

Hi Nickel020
      thanks for your reply,

both sticks from the first kit tested together: slot 1-3, and separately in slot 1, when I was testing first two modules noticed some kind of memory timing&speed "degradation" had to lower memory speed (at the end 667Mhz) and timings something like: 5-7-7-27 (no OC here).
      At the moment I feel like: "maybe dont touch anything if works!" but then.. if is something is faulty would prefer to replace it before its too late.

s

Comment

Originally posted by slawek View Post
        Motherboard Voltage Control
        Voltage Type.………... Manual

MCH/ICH
        MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........:Auto
        MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........Auto
        ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............:Auto
        ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: Auto
        DRAM
        DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............:Auto
        DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: Auto
        Channel A Reference 0.900V............: Auto
        Channel B Reference 0.900V............: Auto

I run my system with same memories (i think)... started with one set and all was okay .. but when i tried to install one more set (4x2gb) system started to freak out ... didnt even boot with 4 rams, 2 month later a friend just came to me and said have u checked the volt....
        now im not 100% sure that u have exacly same rams so u need to check it .. think voltage stand on the rams, i saw u had it standard.. same as i had... those memories shall have 2.1v not 1.8v.. not this isnt tested yet on my system cause i just found your post when i search around for more info about the voltage. So an advice google it some or mayby talk with someone that know more of this...
        Hope this get u little more on track.

Edit:
        just checked again on your link for the memory.. it says 2,1v at that page also if u look close.. for a reason all mobos set the voltage to 1.8v and dont raise it.. its needed to be raised manual.
        Last edited by danne; 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slawek View Post
          ps
          to avoid double posts and threads would like to ask here for advise, suggestions with OC settings that I just started testing today. All seems to be stable for now (using 8GB including "faulty" module)
          You copy someone's settings but you change some of them.
          The memory is overclocked but undervoltaged.
          My suggestion is, don't copy. If you do, be sure to know what you are changing.
          And as I always suggest, leave memory alone, select X.M.P auto/profile all timings other than Static tRead Value on auto, and set DRAM Voltage manualy if the BIOS over/under volt them. See a quick test I made yesterday.

P.S. leave DRAM Performance Enhance on stantard for start, if it works you may try turno.
          Last edited by Chike; 07-22-2009, 09:40 AM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

Working...
          X