GA-MA78GM-S2H "The file is possibly corrupt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H "The file is possibly corrupt"

“The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.”
    Do not run a SATA/RAID and a SATA/IDE on the same SATA controllers

KingdomM you said you suspected it was the SATA-II controller? Well you are right. Did you replace the SATA-II cables? Do you have Redundant Array of Independent Disks? You should not run a RAID and IDE on the same SATA-II controller. You will have a problem if the drives are RAID with a 1 x DVD RW Sata drive = (which is in native ide), and any other SATA HD's or DISK Drives that are formatted to be run in IDE on that RAID configured controller. Try removing your 1 x DVD RW Sata drive and any other SATA Drives that are formatted to be run in IDE. or Remove the RAID drives depending on what you want to leave. Which ever has your OS you presently want to use. (Windows 2008/WindowsXP/ect.) It should cold boot now. You can later hook them up to another SATA or SATAII controller pci/pcie card that has support if needed for native IDE mode. What I mean here is you got a choice of which SATA controller you use for your SATA/RAID or SATA/IDE
    Last edited by artdrivers; 06-25-2009, 07:52 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H "The file is possibly corrupt"

Thanks artdrivers - In my original configuration (when I first set this rig up) I did have IDE and SATA 2 drives. Since then I've replaced the IDE and have purely SATA based disks.

I've encountered this problem with both the old IDE setup and the new Sata setup.

I've never used the RAID capabilities of this mb as a mirror or stripe don't match up with my current drive needs.

You suggest replacing the Sata cables? I'm going to try unplugging all devices except my system drive and see if that makes any difference. I'll also try a different sata cable just to be sure.

If that does not work I've had a response from Gigabyte tech support who suggest flashing to latest bios (done), resetting to fail-safe settings (done) and not trying any over-clocking settings (done). That all seems like sound advice but I've already tested as suggested previously so I think I'll follow their next piece of advice and take it back to my retailer.

Spare a thought for me trying to convince them my intermittent fault exists :-)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

Comment

Working...
      X