Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790X-UD4 - too many isues

hello,
    I recently bought a new MB GA-MA790X-UD4 and I have a large number of isues with it. Here is some of them, and Please help me with ANYONE you can.

1) I'm experiencing a crackle noise from inbuild soundcard of GA-MA790X-UD4
    I think(not sure) it started to crackle when I updated to F3 BIOS and it is very annoying
    I have installed latest drivers. I'm using Windows 7 RC, and no matter what sound comes out (video,mp3,skype calls...) it is crackleing. checked this on different headphones,speakers...definitelly the crackle is comming out from the inbuild audio

2) I have an issue with my CPU FAN since I updated the BIOS to F3F and later ones (F3I, F3)
    I'm using "EasyTune6" to conrtoll my fan, and it is set to [30% till 49C] then ramp up till [100% at 60C] Everything was allright with F2A BIOS, but when moved to F3x BIOSes the the fan starts to spin up to 100% for 2 sec. and then back down to 30% while I play games ONLY. I'm using EVEREST and HWmonitor to track the cpu temps and found that the CPU temp never exceed 51C and the fan runs ~1600RPM at this point when suddenly spins up to 2800 RPM and emediately back to ~1600RPM.
    It is verry annoying because my fan is realy noisy at full speed [Zalman CNPS9700-NT]
    This happens every 5-10 mins.

3) CPU voltage is not properly set in the BIOS, It should be 1.35V(AMD default for Phenom II 940) and BIOS sets it to 1.425V. I have to manualy downvolt it to a normal voltage.

This 3 isues are the most priority ones.
    Thank you very much.

P.S. my system:
    CPU: Phenom II 940 (cooler:Zalman CNPS9700-NT)
    MB: GA-MA790X-UD4
    Graphics: Powercolor HD4870 512MB
    RAM: Corsair DDR2 1066 (5-5-5-15) 2.1V
    <!-- / message -->

Re: GA-MA790X-UD4 - too many isues

Originally posted by yonef View Post
    hello,
    I recently bought a new MB GA-MA790X-UD4 and I have a large number of isues with it. Here is some of them, and Please help me with ANYONE you can.

1) I'm experiencing a crackle noise from inbuild soundcard of GA-MA790X-UD4
    I think(not sure) it started to crackle when I updated to F3 BIOS and it is very annoying
    I have installed latest drivers. I'm using Windows 7 RC, and no matter what sound comes out (video,mp3,skype calls...) it is crackleing. checked this on different headphones,speakers...definitelly the crackle is comming out from the inbuild audio

2) I have an issue with my CPU FAN since I updated the BIOS to F3F and later ones (F3I, F3)
    I'm using "EasyTune6" to conrtoll my fan, and it is set to [30% till 49C] then ramp up till [100% at 60C] Everything was allright with F2A BIOS, but when moved to F3x BIOSes the the fan starts to spin up to 100% for 2 sec. and then back down to 30% while I play games ONLY. I'm using EVEREST and HWmonitor to track the cpu temps and found that the CPU temp never exceed 51C and the fan runs ~1600RPM at this point when suddenly spins up to 2800 RPM and emediately back to ~1600RPM.
    It is verry annoying because my fan is realy noisy at full speed [Zalman CNPS9700-NT]
    This happens every 5-10 mins.

3) CPU voltage is not properly set in the BIOS, It should be 1.35V(AMD default for Phenom II 940) and BIOS sets it to 1.425V. I have to manualy downvolt it to a normal voltage.

This 3 isues are the most priority ones.
    Thank you very much.

P.S. my system:
    CPU: Phenom II 940 (cooler:)
    MB: GA-MA790X-UD4
    Graphics: Powercolor HD4870 512MB
    RAM: Corsair DDR2 1066 (5-5-5-15) 2.1V
    <!-- / message -->
    -----------------------------------------
    Issues............My cpu fan(a pwm 4 wire one)ramps up for a few seconds and back down when opening certain files, web pages or anthing that uses graphics a lot and does it with or without EasyTune6 installed and regardless of what bios.
    My board is the UD4P version.
    Cpu volts, on my boards bios it sets or seems to set default volts of my 7580 BE to 1.325v and does no harm even tho everyone says 1.25v is the correct volts for cpu.
    If I drop cpu volts in bios to -0.025 or -0.050 then I cannot get a true 1.25v.
    The problem with sound is something I had for a while usining my Creative X-Fi card but it went away.
    If you do not want the cpu fan speed to ramp up and down like it does then uninstall easytune and see what happens.
    IF you do want to use esytune then set the fan control to auto and it will not ramp up and down so much.

Comment

thanks for the reply musicman53 :)

That's odd why gygabite decided to change default voltages of the CPUs. They send me a reply today which states
      As for the CPU vcore 1.35V becomes to 1.42V, in order to have better compatibility with Phenom 2 CPU, we add some CPU voltage.

We cannot see Easy saver not working.
      OK, but how am I supposed to set my CPU voltage to its defaults? As musicman53 said when I decrease it with 0.25V it goes to 1.325.

The problem with the sound gets realy worse now. I have installed completely new OS (vista x64) on my other HDD and the sound is like that again. Tried different drivers with no success. :(

As for the ramping CPU cooler - I have tried with/without ET6 and no change. You said to try with "auto" option in BIOS and things gone mad. It starts to ramp up and dows every couple of seconds, as soon as I do something that loads the CPU a bit, cooler going to "take off"

I have run out of ideas :(

Comment

Originally posted by yonef View Post
        thanks for the reply musicman53 :)

That's odd why gygabite decided to change default voltages of the CPUs. They send me a reply today which states
        OK, but how am I supposed to set my CPU voltage to its defaults? As musicman53 said when I decrease it with 0.25V it goes to 1.325.

The problem with the sound gets realy worse now. I have installed completely new OS (vista x64) on my other HDD and the sound is like that again. Tried different drivers with no success. :(

As for the ramping CPU cooler - I have tried with/without ET6 and no change. You said to try with "auto" option in BIOS and things gone mad. It starts to ramp up and dows every couple of seconds, as soon as I do something that loads the CPU a bit, cooler going to "take off"

I have run out of ideas :(
        Gigabyte told me that they add voltage to allow for overclocking.
        Just leave the CPU volts to whatever the bios sets it to.
        I tried dropping the cpu volts and I cannot even get 1.25V or 1.3V.
        I could get 1.26v and 1.29v.
        Seems nothing can be done about the fan speed ramping up and down like it does.
        Make sure the fan is set to PWM and not auto and try that.

Comment

hi m8,
          I have just solve all isues !
          1) crackling sound comes form the ET6 app !!! shame on you gygabite. If the app is running on background (minimized to tray) it produces this crackles! I have closed it and it still manages my FAN, so no point keep it running.

2)CPU fan rampings - Just reverted back to F2A BIOS, everything works like charm! I have set CPU to PWM and uding ET6 to set my fan to keep 1400 RPM untill it reaches 45 C then it slowly ramps and when temps dorp it goes back to 1400RPM which is perfect to me. Ah... and witn F2A my CPU runs cooler as well, 45-49 C. at full load with F2A while F3 is hovering at ~55 C.

3) CPU voltage is properly detected with F2A, and can be adjusted to whatever option you want.

cheers !

Comment

Working...
          X