Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790XT-UD4P CPU Voltage

Hi Everyone,

I have GA-MA790XT-UD4P motherboard with latest BIOS (F4G) and Phenom II X3 720.

The problem is that I can't make CPU core voltage changes in BIOS stick.
    I am changing 'CPU Voltage Control' in BIOS and saving changes before exiting. Normal CPU Vcore reported as 1.325V. I am adding small increment of 0.050V, targeting 1.375V.

But when I load Vista Everest, CPU-Z, AMD OverDrive and other software shows that CPU Core VID is still 1.325V, i.e. 'normal'.

Now, If I reboot and go to BIOS, my changes are still there. 'CPU Voltage Control' still has '+0.050V' that I've entered before. Problem is it seems to be ignored after system boot.

I can change Core voltage (CPU VID) while in AMD OverDrive and it will 'stick' until I reboot.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!

Re: GA-MA790XT-UD4P CPU Voltage

I have the DDR2 verson of that board(MA790X-UD4P)and nomatter what I bump the cpu volts up to it will still say Normal is 1.325v regardless of any changes.
    What I think is going on is all that means is that the normal cpu voltage is 1.325v and not th actual cpu vid volts at all.
    In the health status in bios mine says 1.312v.
    CPUZ says 1.312v
    Other programs show it as 1.325v
    In Everest it says cpu volts are 1.31v
    Reason I think that the "Normal"thing that says 1.325v is only saying what the regular cpu volts are expected to be is that when I change the cpu vid volts in health status it then shows that the volts have changed.
    Best bet is ignore that "normal"
    Gigabyte tech reckon that with the same board as I have and same bios and cpu(7580 BE)they have the cpu vid volts showing 1.25v.

Comment

Re: GA-MA790XT-UD4P CPU Voltage

Originally posted by musicman53 View Post
      I have the DDR2 verson of that board(MA790X-UD4P)and nomatter what I bump the cpu volts up to it will still say Normal is 1.325v regardless of any changes.
      That's correct. 'Normal' value never changes in BIOS. It is CPU specific and it's a point of reference for you when you add to or subtract from some voltages. I don't expect it to change.

What I expect is when I add +0.50V to CPU Core Voltage the programs that reports CPU VID will show 1.375V, not 1.325V. And this is not happening to me. Could be a bug in a new BIOS. I am going to flash older version to check.

Also, I think you are wrong when you compare CPU VID control values with actual CPU Core Voltages. They are usually slightly different, that's why checking PC Health section doesn't actually makes sense.

Everest reports both CPU VID (on Overclocking page) and CPU Core Voltage (on Sensors page). If they are different it's OK. (I think ;) )

Comment

Working...
      X