Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for EP43 DS3L

Hi there,

I've currently got a Gigabyte EP43 DS3L motherboard coupled with a 8400, all tock. The memory I'm suing at the moment is 4x1GB Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4. I've not been having wonderful stability, especially when trying to get the timings to 4-4-4-12, at 2.1v as Corsair reccommend.
    (I've upped the MHC controller voltage by 0.1v - might have helped a bit.

At some point I want to over clock the CPU, just a mild effort to 3.6 by upping the FSB to 400 - at the moment I have no chance of doing that as it all becomes quite unstable.

I was thinking of replacing this memory with two sticks of 2GB, maybe PC2-8500 as a little boost (or to give me a little headroom).

Is there a brand or set that anyone (especially from Gigabyte) would recommend - I've been looking st some OCZ Gold Edition (OCZ2G10664GK) -CAS5, though 2.15v...

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Memory for EP43 DS3L

Anyone..... :-)

Rich

Comment

Re: Memory for EP43 DS3L

Hve you ran Memtest86+ yet? if you get errors you may want to narrow it down to the specific faulty stick, check them one by one.
      Also could you post the exact memory modu you havel, your bios settings, and actual memory setting at runtime (with MemSet e.g.) this may help ppl help you.

Comment

Working...
      X