Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie help please

Hello from Australia.
    I'm a newbie to SATA drives, but I have a Pioneer SATA DVD burner I'd like to connect to my Gigabyte GA-P35-S3 motherboard.
    But I'm not sure where to connect it on the motherboard.
    Looking at the manual, there are four blocks of two SATA ports or whatever they are, labelled (clockwise from top left) SATAII2; SATAII0; SATAII1; SATAII14; SATAII15; GSATAII1; GSATAII0; and SATAII3.
    I'm wondering which of these I should plug the DVD burner's SATA cable into?
    Thanks, and I apologise for my lack of knowledge.

scoopyx.

Re: Newbie help please

If you have a SATA HD/s and want to use Intel drivers plug them into SATAII0 then SATAII1 and so on. Then your Sata DVD drives into SATAII1 or SATAII2 or SATAII3 and so on. If you want to use gigabytes SATA drivers then hense GSATAII0 and so forth.

Hope that clear as mud for you...
    Last edited by Conners; 06-04-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

That's good enough for me!
      Thank you very much.
      :-)

scoopyx.

Comment

Your welcome, and also refer to your mother board manual to select the correct settings in your bios under advanced settings I believe...

Comment

hi i need help finding sata drivers for win xp cant reinstall xp with out them
          cheers mike

Comment

Umm.... Mike if you want to give us a hint as to what you are trying to install XP on then someone may be able to help. Is it a computer? Does it have a motherboard? Could we possibly be informed what motherboard it has?

I know I'm being unnecessarily sarcastic but it entertains me :-P
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

hi sorry for lack of info cpu is intel pent e2180 board is conroe 337-d667
              intel chip set .... i need to format my sata drv to install fresh copy of winxp .. i have lost the driver floppy disk that i used i can remember having to use the F6 to install xp am not sure were to get them from ie hhd people or asrock
              mike
              thank for the quick response never used a forum before

Comment

I'm not finding anything related to conroe 337-d667 ... best guess is 133-d667 but could be wrong. If it is a 133-d667 revision 1 board then try here: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 > Download .

This page will show you how to confirm your motherboard model number: ASRock > Support > Model Name Finding .

This page should point you to the drivers you seek once you confirm model#: ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series

Is this computer an OEM system? If so you may have better luck giving us the make and model of the computer (such as emachine model XXX xx).
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

hi thanks for info model is conroe 13333-d667rev 301 thanks for all your help cheers
                  mike

Comment

Working...
                  X