Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm New and my GA-EP45-UD3P won't POST Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm New and my GA-EP45-UD3P won't POST Help!

That's a real pretty case... I hope you can get it running again, shame to waste such a good looking system...

Best Quote Ever...
    Originally posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Comment

Wow, ProfJim you rock. Let me know the results of those tests, I am going to copy them and save them maybe in PDF form and compile all this information for future usage as I guess a EP45 Tester Manual.

Well at this point its probably either the CPU or Mobo, I'm leaning towards Mobo b/c it had drive failures and memory errors that all built up to this not booting. I suppose a CPU can do the same since its all circuits one way or another but I would figure the CPU would boot up to bios as least then cause wakky errors. But who knows its possible the PC was pre-OCed and it just burn't out, but for some reason I think that would give an exact beep error and not keep rebooting, in my experience on old CPUs the pc would just run up and die within seconds on bad CPUs no beeps no nothing.

So the dilemma now is whether to send the CPU+Mobo or just the Mobo.

O-well bed time now yay for work, maybe I can barrow one of those quadcores hehehehe =D.

THANKS GUYS! (oh ya and it really is a Sweet case almost as cool as my old Thermatake here with blinky skulls on it hehe , and I have an old skool 2003 Alienware Area 51 case in the game room with an original P4 and RDRAM on it! man its so hard to move on to a new case from an old friend, oh man I need to stop rambling and get to sleep, lol thanks again!)

Comment

Can you RMA just the CPU and Board, or do you have to box up the whole sha-bang?

Best Quote Ever...
        Originally posted by Psycho101
        Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
        Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Comment

I'm not sure, I know individual pieces can be sent back. I have to ask my friend b/c its still in his name and he will call them and then verify the RMA process. He's already done it with the 2 HDDs and CD drive so I don't see a problem. I'd just hate to send away a good CPU.

Hopefully I can get a CPU from work to test they have QuadCores as well.

Comment

Hey, got the EXACT same problem and i've been spending a week trying various stuff about it.

No idea what the pbr is so far... it's quite incredible :)

- All started a week ago, as powered on my comp (that i used without any pbr the day before...Got it running smoothly since a year or so)

- Unable to POST. My comp was powering on and off in loops.
            (i had internal speaker connected and only got a single bip, almost as usual but quite longer)

- I tried with another PSU (420W) and had the same pbr (my actual PSU is a 520W and all went fine with it since a year)

- Tried with a new Gigabyte Mobo... Same pbr

- Tried with new mobo + new CPU (Core 2 Duo E8500)... Same Pbr

Tried with RAM, no RAM, only 1 module instead of 2, trying the other module after... Same Pbr

I have yet to test with a brand new PSU, i'd go for something more powerfull since i'm using a Leadtek 8800GTX and they use quite alot of power (but as i mentioned, 520W worked fine for a Year and i'm not sure it is PSU pbr)

Well... If i still have the same pbr with the new PSU, i think i'd go for an exorcist :)

Oh and yes btw, i'd tested it out of the case with nothing connected on it (GA-EP45-DS4 has a mini power-switch build in the motherboard so you can power it on without connecting your case's power switch)

Comment

Well I gave up and got a new Mobo, and SAME problem.

So its either the PSU or CPU. I'm gonna get a new PSU and see what happens

Any luck with yours?

Comment

@Mattkun

I am not sure if your UD3P still current Rev 1.0 on board ? try get replacement for Rev 1.1 or recently new Rev 1.6 board out there.

also need a good PSU with 8-pin ATX_12v ensure it will power up.

GL
                pg
                GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
                New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
                G
                .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
                MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
                PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
                Windows 7 64bit build 7600

Comment

I just got a new rev. 1.6 , and Same problems, so its gotta either be the CPU or PSU. I'm hoping its just the PSU.

Comment

Working...
                  X