• Show
Clear All

• Bios settings for my MA790X-UD4P

I have a new system using:
    MA790X-UD4P
    Phenom II deneb 3.0ghz
    4 gigs (2x2gig) Corsair XMS 5.5.5.15 1066
    Diamond ATI Radeon 4870 512mb GDDR5

I have two questions, first my memory is running at 800mhz instead of 1066, is that because the CPU won't handle faster or because that's the motherboards default. second is my PCIE is set to 100mhz, can't my card handle a faster interface? If I were to turn the interface up in Easytune 6 would it overclock the card to match it? I don't want to overclock my CPU or Video Card I just want to set the motherboard up to run them at stock specs the best I can. If someone could post me a list of all the correct BIOS settings to fully take advantage of my hardware I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. My old system would run it's memory at PC3200 when the CPU only needed PC2700 and the Nforce 2Ultra chipset would somehow modify my settings to keep the computer perfectly stable.

Re: Bios settings for my MA790X-UD4P

Originally posted by MrIgmo View Post
    I have a new system using:
    MA790X-UD4P
    Phenom II deneb 3.0ghz
    4 gigs (2x2gig) Corsair XMS 5.5.5.15 1066
    Diamond ATI Radeon 4870 512mb GDDR5

I have two questions, first my memory is running at 800mhz instead of 1066, is that because the CPU won't handle faster or because that's the motherboards default. second is my PCIE is set to 100mhz, can't my card handle a faster interface? If I were to turn the interface up in Easytune 6 would it overclock the card to match it? I don't want to overclock my CPU or Video Card I just want to set the motherboard up to run them at stock specs the best I can. If someone could post me a list of all the correct BIOS settings to fully take advantage of my hardware I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. My old system would run it's memory at PC3200 when the CPU only needed PC2700 and the Nforce 2Ultra chipset would somehow modify my settings to keep the computer perfectly stable.
    I can answer your second question.
    The PCIE bus speed at 100mhz is the correct speed for your motherboard and graphics card.

Comment

thnx, i've tried changing the memory multiplier on to 5.33X200mhz instead of 4.00X200mhz, but when it finishes booting up my system shows it at 800mhz still instead of 1066...

Comment

does it show that 800 on the boot screen or in windows? and if its in windows, what software are you using to display that? CPU-Z?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.5ghz - H2O
        Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (BIOS: F8k)
        RAM: OCZ3P1600LVAM4GK ([email protected])
        GPU: Gigabyte 9800GTX (800-1200-1800)
        PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TXEU (650W)

Comment

easytune6, it's the program that came with my gigabyte motherboard (it's actually very nice) But when my computer is booting up it shows 1066, only once it's in windows does it show 800.

Comment

Are you using apply or save in easytune? You should not use save, so maybe that is your issue? You should manually set things in the BIOS, your ram multi and your ram voltage at the very least

What is your exact CPU model #? And what BIOS are you using?

Ohh and hey, what are you using to look at your ram speed? I say this because all 1066 ram is really 800 anyway and you may just be looking at the SPD Programmed values and not the actual ram speed. Use CPU-z and look in the Memory tab and see if you see ram speed listed as 533. Be sure you are looking in the Memory tab and not the SPD Tab.

I see you mentioned easytune, is that what you are checking ram speed with? If so it will only show the actual ram speed in the Tuner tab, and not the Memory tab. The memory tab in Easytune only shows what I mentioned above about CPU-z, the programmed JEDEC Standard which would be 800.

Here is an image showing both the correct place to look and the incorrect place (That shows SPD Programmed settings not actual ram speed)

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-20-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X