High temps on Xeon w3520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High temps on Xeon w3520

If temps don't drop proportinally to ambiant maybe you need to review case ventilation.
    An open case with room fan blowing over it may give a good indication if there's a proem there.

Comment

Last edited by Templar_X; 09-10-2009, 12:54 PM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Is it the Scythe maybe? Can you repeat the tests with the Intel Stock fan to see how it does?

Comment

I'm using intel's stock cooler, the user speedy2721 was using a scythe :)

Comment

Ahh, well that may be normal then for that tests with Stock fan.

Not many people use Stock coolers so I really couldn't say, could be normal for those tests with that cooler as that is a pretty powerful test. I can say you should save up and get a better cooler so you can push your CPU much further than stock

Comment

I'll save for it then.. though I still expected it not to be so hot under load.. thx for the input

Comment

Like I said I am not sure what normal would be but I do know that is a very extreme test and Intel stock coolers are not made for such a thing.

I do think your idle temps may be a bit high though, but that could be due to your ambient temp or case air flow too not sure. I can't test my idle with intel stock fans as I do not have any that will fit 1366, but I dont think it should be above 3x at stock

Comment

Working...
                X