Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Q9300 HSF Recommendations that Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Q9300 HSF Recommendations that Fit

Hi all, I have been looking into getting a new HSF for my q9300. So many options and so many choices. I have noticed that there are quite a few out there that DO NOT fit the EP45-UD3P.

Does anyone have any recommendations and or reviews that they would like to share? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg :)
    Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P Motherboard (F10F Bios)
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9300
    Windows XP x64
    8gb PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) OCZ Reaper Memory
    500gb Seagate SATA Hard Drive
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner
    Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card
    MSI ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Q9300 HSF Recommendations that Fit

From personal experience, due to having 2 of those boards, but yet again, depending on the depth(width) of your case... you can, without any problem, put Cooler Master V8, TRUE(any 120), OCZ Vindicator/Vendetta... those, I've tried.
    I kept V8 for both my PCs.

Comment

Zalman 9500/9700 also fit just fine, if you go that route I advise a 9700 though due to the better attachment clips.

As said above case size matters most, I would get a TRUE if you had room.

Comment

Not much stuff going on at work atm, so I thought, I'd search a bit...

So... Almost ALL Thermalright coolers, except IFX-14(which I wouldnt recommend anyway), will fit easily on ud3p. Anyway, check for yourself, you have compatibility option on Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA Thermalright website. Look specifically at TRUE Black, eXtreme 120 and ultra 120 << best ones.

All of the new Xigmatek coolers will fit.
        V10,V8,Z600... from Cooler Master
        And all OCZ coolers, cause they have same way of securing hsf as intel stock cooler.

So take your pick... and "cool quad" down :))

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          As said above case size matters most, I would get a TRUE if you had room.
          Shape. Shape of the HSF. Shape at the base.

If the HSF starts "up" (away from CPU) it is narrow, and wont collide. Then size is all that matters; too tall and it hits the case.

If the HSF (heatpipes) starts "side-ways", it is wide at the base and prone to hit tall components of the board placed near the CPU slot. I have had such (with older board of other brand), and heatpipes blocked DDR slots 0&1 ...
          However, there seems to be less "wide-a**" HSF than in the first wave of heat-pipe designs, and more very small cases, so the size (tallness) matters.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ran across this site and they seem to test just about everything out there. FrostyTech - Best Heat Sinks & PC Cooling Reviews These are the links for the top 5 but if you pick one of the current reviews it shows all of them at the end of the review.
            ToughPower 650 PSU
            Windows XP x64
            20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

Comment

Xigmatek HDT-1283. Its only $26.99 [after a $10 MIR] at the NewEgg.com right now; this HS also works better than most other expensive ones. The only thing I would recommend is that you get a metal back plate + screw for mounting the HS onto the mobo, instead of the push pins.

And for the back plate + screw my recommendation is LGA775 Bolt-Thru-Kit with Screws & Springs, LGABOLT2. Its only $4.95 at LGA775 Bolt-Thru-Kit with Screws & Springs. I stocked up on 3 of these!

This combo is what I am using with my UD3P right now.

P.S. I mounted the 120mm fan on the HDT-1283 with 4 1/16" rubber bands, this makes it much more easier to dismount the fan when cleaning the heatsink/fan. The rubber mounts are a bit** to put onto the fan, but much worse when trying to mount/dismount the fan; you also end up bending a lot of the thin aluminum fins on the HDT-1283 when using the rubber mounts provided by Xigmatek.

Comment

Thought about the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, however I don't think it will fit in my case. I have a NZT Hush case. The height on this fan is 160mm and when I stick my ruler in there it just doesn't look like it is going to fit. Looks like it would butt my outside panel. Damn HSF are so damn huge.

Does anyone know what the stock intel HSF fan height is? If I could measure from the top of that it would be easier since I have the HSF on the tower right now and don't want to take it off till I get a new one.
                ToughPower 650 PSU
                Windows XP x64
                20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

Comment

V8.doesnt need lapping,thermal might.
                  Since youve been on frosty,youll see its low noise.
                  Cheapest good one?..not sure.
                  Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                  Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                  Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                  8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                  60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                  GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                  Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                  http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

V8 is out of my price range. I just did a rough markup and 160mm is too much for my case. You would think manufacturers would better document there boards.
                    ToughPower 650 PSU
                    Windows XP x64
                    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

Comment

Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 fits a GA-EP45-UD3R, which I think has the same layout and IC positioning as the UD3P.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro View Post
                        V8 is out of my price range. I just did a rough markup and 160mm is too much for my case.
                        - Well, then... Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-LB12-GP 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks << Cooler Master Hyper 212, it should fit in your case, cause, I just checked, your case is 191mm wide.
                        or if thats, still too expensive... just go with this: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU1-GP 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Oh and btw, I have V8 in 2 different cases, on of them being Cosmos 1000 and other Antec 300.

Originally posted by fcastro View Post
                        You would think manufacturers would better document there boards.
                        I really dont see what this gotta do with Gigabyte. I'd say that HSF manufactures should test their products on some board/in some cases, especially on those that are popular as ud3p is.

Anyway, best of luck in finding your new HSF.

Comment

Working...
                        X