GA-M750SLI-DS4 Phenom II issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M750SLI-DS4 Phenom II issues

Hi I have just installed a new phenom II 955 into my motherboard and I am now experiencing all manner of bios strangeness.

Phenom II 955- noctua nh-u12p cooler, 29 idle 39 load @3.2ghz
    34 idle 44 load @3.6ghz

4GB DDR2 1066 GSKILL 5-5-5-15 2T @2.1v
    GA-M750SLI-DS4
    GTX 260
    Seagate 1TB 7000.12
    Vista x64

F7 bios

My board is booting and registering a Phenom II 955 however the bios is registering my CPU voltage as 0.96v - I am worried about bumping it up because I dont know if this is correct or a sensor error.

I have tried using F5 and F6 bios updates but they register unknown processor and dont fix the problem.

In vista, it is registering the processor but my experience index on the processor is only 4.4- when my 9950 was 6.4

CPU-Z is registering the 3.2ghz clock speed but is showng me 4 cores running at 800mhz.
    Everest is the same it is showing me 4 cores running at 800mhz
    Then NTune shows me 4 clocks at 3.2ghz which confuses the hell out of me.

Voltage
    Ntune and Everest are showing me 0.96v even after I pump it up in bios-

I have tried fixing my settings in bios and upping voltage and multiplier and fixing my ram timings. The board will then post 3/4 times, windows loads up no issues atall- then the board will stop posting and I have to clear cmos and restore default.

Really getting frustrated would take any help thanks

Re: GA-M750SLI-DS4 Phenom II issues

Yes, that CPU is unsupported, so until you get one that properly supports your CPU you will see varying errors or issues >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-M750SLI-DS4 (rev. 1.0)

I see they added 940 in the last update so I would assume the next would support 950 series ones. I will ask about this myself for you next week. In the meantime you can email Janus and ask if he has a beta for you, email in this post >>

About your experience index in vista, that does not matter so much but I do know how you feel. I can tell you so you feel better, your 9950 was not 6.4 as the highest the WEI goes is 5.9

I would stick with BIOS F7 until F8 or a beta is out.

Your double/triple resets means your overclocks are not being applied. So that is why you see varying things in different apps. Not sure if the overclock fail do to your settings, or just the unsupported CPU, could be either? But I would venture to say, more with the unsupported CPU Likely

Comment

Yes, that CPU is unsupported, so until you get one that properly supports your CPU you will see varying errors or issues >>
      GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-M750SLI-DS4 (rev. 1.0)

I see they added 940 in the last update so I would assume the next would support 950 series ones. I will ask about this myself for you next week. In the meantime you can email Janus and ask if he has a beta for you, email in this post >>

About your experience index in vista, that does not matter so much but I do know how you feel. I can tell you so you feel better, your 9950 was not 6.4 as the highest the WEI goes is 5.9

I would stick with BIOS F7 until F8 or a beta is out.

Your double/triple resets means your overclocks are not being applied. So that is why you see varying things in different apps. Not sure if the overclock fail do to your settings, or just the unsupported CPU, could be either? But I would venture to say, more with the unsupported CPU Likely

Comment

Hello flashmanandy
        I have a computer similar to yours (same motherboard and same video card)
        However I can not run a video card !!!!!
        When I install the drivers, the screen goes black and remains in this state. Let me know if you've had problems when installing your video card and I would like to know the brand of your card.
        From my side, I tried a Palit and EVGA.
        Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X