Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 bios update failure. bricked recovery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 bios update failure. bricked recovery?

hi all,

i recently built a micro atx system with the above board. it ran great but i had a few issues here and there.

i was upgrading the drivers and saw that a bios update was available.

using @bios was a mistake i think. about 75% of the way through the screen went pink and turned off. i let it sit for about 5 minutes and rebooted it.

it turns on, the cpu fan ramps up and down, but no beeps or post.

i read that one of the features is a virtual dual bios. did i have to load software or is there a way to recover from the cd?

i removed the battery for a while and shorted the clear cmos jumper, that did nothing.

any help would be great.

thank you

Dave

Re: GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 bios update failure. bricked recovery?

Yep, never use @BIOS.

I would contact GB support about this. Most of the time isues like this aren't user fixable.

I can't help you with the BIOS recovery though since I never had this problem myself. There are some things you could try, for example check this thread and see if anything in there works:

Comment

kinda fugured i had no way to fix it. newegg swapped it out for me. they are great for customer service. new board is rev 2 and has the real dual bios according to the specs.

thank you for the help

Dave

Comment

I agree, Newegg ROCKS!!!

Please use Qflash from now on, and if you do have issues don't RMA so fast next time as there is Several ways to recover a bad flash

Guide linked above for Qflash usage and BIOS recover methods

Comment

Working...
        X