Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Problems on EP45-UD3P with Intel Q6600

Greets,

Just put together a system; using a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P mobo w/Intel Q6600 quad core proc. First few days, things were totally awesome; noticed, however, I'd walk away from my pretty beast and when I came back, system would be shut down. Further investigation yielded that my CPU temp was hitting about 108C. I'm not really a huge computer expert, but I'm fairly certain thats hugely high. Even further investigation yields that my CPU fan is not spinning. :D

When I start her up, the CPU fan spins like a mofo, then cuts out after a few seconds during the boot process. In my BIOS, I have the warning settings enabled for each fan, and I also have CPU Smart Fan Control disabled, as this should theoretically let the fan run indefinitely if I'm reading the manual right.

There are no warning indicators during POST or boot. However, the primary fan still won't spin up after the initial few seconds. I've thus far moved the CPU Fan connector over to the Fan2 connector slot and it works happily fine there, keeping my CPU down to a nice 49C idle - nearly half the temp.

Wondering if anyone's run into this issue with the main connector not working and know if there's a fix instead of a work-around? Any info would be awesome.

Thanks,

~ Phaex

Re: Fan Problems on EP45-UD3P with Intel Q6600

Are you connecting the CPU to the CPU FAN connector on the MB? It is Directly above te First Yellow RAM Slot closest to the CPU. Try Just leaving it on CPU Smart Fan Control and see what happens. If you have your alarm set for all fans and you can see that ur CPU fan is not spinning and no alarm then Id a)try and get a different fan and see if it does it b)RMA your MB.
    P.S You are right about one thing. 108C is HUGELY HIGH.
    P.P.S 49C Idle is not Ideal either im sure there are better fans that will make that much cooler.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X