Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard moves a little... ok or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard moves a little... ok or not?

I have a GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard in a Coolermaster CM-690 case and can't seem to get the motherboard to sit tight. I have tried taking everything out and tightening the spacers but that didn't solve the problem. I turn in the screws until I feel resistance, and then turn a little more... then a little more... then a tiny bit more... sill the mobo can be lifted a little bit (less than a mm) even though the screws feel pretty snug. How tight can the screws go before I crack the board?

**edit**
    Looks like the screws that came with the case don't fit properly in the spacers.
    Last edited by someguyonapc; 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM.

Re: Motherboard moves a little... ok or not?

There are special spacers or washers you can use in between the motherboard and the screw head.

Comment

sounds more like the stand-offs are spinning. you are using stand-offs right? you shouldn't have any play. make sure the screws go in and seat good into the stand-offs before you ever bring the motherboard into the picture.

EDIT: just seen your edit

Comment

I took the mobo out and worked the screws into the spacers.
        They were sticking a little, but I screwed them in really tight, and then out and in a bunch of times... now they fit fine.

Comment

Working...
        X