JMB36x ROM update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMB36x ROM update

How can I update jmb36x ROM from v1.06.79 to v1.07.00 ?

It looks like a Bios update but it is slightly different from it.

So dear Gigabyte fellows, how can I safely update the above JMB36X ROM chip on my motherboard GA-MA790FXT-UD5P?

Thanks

Re: JMB36x ROM update

Do you mean the BIOS rom, or are you meaning to ask about the drivers?

If you do mean the BIOS ROM that would have to be done manually by modifying the BIOS.

If you need to do that I can point you to a fella here or another forum who may be able to help

Comment

Dear Lsdmeasap,

Thank you for your care,

I mean bios ROM. You know this module is integrated in the bios as as well as other ROM chip on the mainboard.

Comment

You know Gigabyte Sata 2 controller Chip ROM. During the post, it says version 1.06.59

But it doesn't say it belongs to Jmicron. However the chip producer is Jmicron. And in Jmicrons's website I found this ROM update: jmb363_1.07.00_raid_card.bin

Comment

Ya, I just wanted to be sure that is what you meant.

Yes, you would need to MOD your BIOS. That is up to you and if you brick your board I think it would invalidate your warranty. (Just a heads up)

You will need to ask this user if he can add it for you >>
          TweakTown Forums - View Profile: NoAngel

PM him and send him a link to both the BIOS and the ROM you would like added

You can also ask this Member at XtremeSystems if he can do it for you, or if he will have someone at Gigabyte get it updated >>
          XtremeSystems Forums - View Profile: hicookie

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
            X