GA-M68SM-S2L problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M68SM-S2L problems?

Was Installing new hardware a short while ago, removed gfx card from computer to move cables around, inserted the card back into the motherboard, and I get a NO SIGNAL sign from my monitor. so I switched monitors, switched cables, removed the card (onboard gfx setup still works) re-set the card, still nothing.

sent card to be repaired/replaced, get a phone call they tell me the card isnt broken. So I re-set the CMOS on the board, STILL nothing..

Very confused and would like to know if I somehow could of fried my PCI-E slot (if thats even possible) or some other obscure problem so I can fix it...

SPECS:
    GA-M68SM-S2L mobo
    NVIDIA 9800 GT gpu
    AMD 5000+ 2.6 Ghz dual core
    650w PSU
    4 DDR2 800 GB of RAM
    1 320 GB HDD
    1 500 GB HDD
    1 TB HDD
    standard DVD burner/reader

Re: GA-M68SM-S2L problems?

Have you checked to be sure nothing is shorting the slot out behind the board? If not, please do. And while you have it out see if you can smell anything burnt near the slot

Do you have a fan on your ram? I ask just to be sure because some ram fans have been known to short out cards or worse if the fan housing is touching the cards' PCB or anything else on it

You sure your cable from your PSU to the card is good, and snugly connected? Have another PSU to test with, maybe you fried your Rail for the cable to the card?

Comment

Working...
    X