Clear All

• EP45-UD3P beep :(

I have a month old tops EP45-UD3P mobo
    8600 GT vid card
    450w psu
    2gig gskill 800mhz dc ram
    320 segate serial ATA hd
    e8400 running stock 3ghz

I bought an 8800gt plugged it into the board and i get this one single constant beep noise. My psu does not have a 6pin connector for the video card. I am wondering if either maybe its due to the pin not being connected or do you guys recommend I get at least a 550w psu?

Re: EP45-UD3P beep :(

I believe you need to hook up the 6pin connection on the videocard in order for it to have enough power to function. You may be able to find an adapter to accomplish this with your current power supply unit. I, however, would err on the side of caution and buy a better PSU. A decent 550 watt would probably be more than sufficient for your current needs. If you are looking ahead to more upgrades or a new system to migrate parts over to eventually you may want to go even bigger. Keep in mind that PSU wattage ratings are not as important as buying a quality unit.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: EP45-UD3P beep :(

The 8600GT was the "best" vid card nvidia had that didnt need a seperate power connector,thats why I bought mine originally.
      Now I think its the 9500gt.
      My 9600Gt does need a seperate connector but will boot up with a reduced performance warning if there is no extra connector(I forgot it once).
      The 8800 is more powerfull/uses more power tho and is probably over the 75w maximum for the pci slot.
      Either way its performance would probably be crappier(tech term)than the 8600 even if it booted ok.
      Like Dawg was saying you need a new psuand might as well get 550 at least (with a 6 pin connector and also a 8 pin cpu connector),Im assuming if your psu has no 6pin vid it wont have an 8 pin cpu only 4?.

If you are v short on cash u could get a molex 4 pin to 6pin adapter,Im not advocating that tho.You could even get a cheap n cheerfull 500w psu with a 6pin vid plug for around $20 .
      False economy in mho.
      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
      X