Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD3R - No triple channel...

Hi guys,

Just built a new i7 today with GA-EX58-UD3R. I got a 6GB pack of tripple channel 1333 memory from Corsair. Now I got 1 main problem:

If I install the RAM in the white slots (3 x white slots & 1 x blue slot), when I turn the machine on nothing shows up on the screen. But if I swap the middle white slot with the blue slot the machine boots up fine. But then, I've noticed that it only displays 4GB of RAM installed in the BIOS and in Vista.

I am running Vista home premium x64 and I have just updated to the latest bios F4. This hasn't helped anything. Correct me if I'm wrong - to get tripple channel I need to install the 2GB sticks in to the white slots (makes sense). I noticed that there was a memory option in the bios where I could choose from standard, turbo and extreme - any ideas?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by bellecat1; 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM.

Re: GA-EX58-UD3R - No triple channel...

Sounds like You may have a bad slot, or Bent pins in your CPU Socket.

Did you check for bent pins before installing the CPU? If not, you should do so now

Set performance enhance on standard and set your ram voltage to spec amount

Comment

Re: GA-EX58-UD3R - No triple channel...

Wow - good one. wouldn't think the cpu would function if something wasn't right. took out the cpu and put back in and it's all good.
      thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X