Pencil volt mod for EP35-DS3R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencil volt mod for EP35-DS3R?

Anyone know where I can find these? Im getting .09 (yes .09!) vdroop on load.. =(
    Itry this
    http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...-troubles.html
    and this
    Actually I have gt an EP31-DS3L a few days back and was fighting with it to get to 3.6Ghz stable on my Q6600 and the huge vdroop was a big downer :( Now bumped into the OC forums thread and found that no solution is yet available for the ISL 6334 based EP35-DS3L and EP31-DS3L....looked into the mod pics of the vanilla P35-DS3L and the usual spec sheets of the ISL 6312 (old) and ISL 6334(new).Had some high resolution shots of my mobo , and so figured out the pencil mod :)....I knew it could

with no result

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
    **PC Specs**
    Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.2ghz(400*8) @ 1.256v full load (Vid 1.3) Batch # L743B023
    - EP35-DS3R (Bios F3 )
    Zalman CNPC9500 AT
    - 1 x ATI POWER COLOR X1950 PRO @ 600/700
    - 2 gb KINGSTONE CL5 PL9 @ 800mhz
    - HEC Power 580 w
    - WD5000AAKS SATA2/16MB/7200
    Samsung SH-S223F STT00 Patch Utility v3.4.3 ( Full Patch )
    - GAMMA mini server Case with HEC 580 watt
    - Vista 32 bit SP1 and All Useful Updates

Re: Pencil volt mod for EP35-DS3R?

I don't get it why people simply do not understndd that vdroop is not a bad thing. The only situation where you should want to lower vdroop is if you cannot overlock higher because of the vdroop. And since you're only at 3.2GHz vdroop is certainly not holding you back...
    A pencil mod will solve no problem for your (since you don't have one!), it can only cause problems, so don't do it.
    Read more about vdropp here:
    Intel Processor Power Delivery Design Guidelines and Specifications: Vdroop Explained - The Tech Repository Forums

Comment

my only prob. with voltage drop is try to hit 450 fsb
      this fsb need mor 1.45 on my Q6600 but voltage drop prvent stability so i need to this mood

Comment

Agreed ^^^

.09 is not a big droop at all anway, .9 would be of course though.

If you tried the above one with no results are you sure you are making your mark dark enough with your pencil?

Try this one with a pencil >>
        P35-DS3R Vdrop and Vcore failed - Page 2 - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!

Or (Same with Solder)
        Modding Gigabyte EP35-DS3 (with pics!) - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!

Again .09 is not a big droop at all anyway, and as said above if you can only get to 3.2, Vdroop is not what is holding you back at all.

You can use 1.45-1.5+ in actual (CPU-z shown) voltage in that CPU as long as your temps are good

Comment

Working...
        X