Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UD5 F6e BIOS will not let you load old BIOS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD5 F6e BIOS will not let you load old BIOS!

I have a GA-EX58-UD5 and I decided to flash to the newest BIOS on this site F6e tonight. I did not see any improvement in my computer and my overclock settings no longer worked as well as they did with the older BIOS so I tried to flash back using Q-flash as I have done 50 times before. After flashing to f6e qflash will hang if you try to flash back to any previous BIOS ( I tried F4 official, F5 official, F6a, & F5e ).

Is this a known issue and is there an information area about new BIOS where I could have known about this issue with F6e?

I ended up making a bootable USB Flash Drive and undoing the problem that way but I wanted others to know about this before they try the F6e BIOS.

Re: UD5 F6e BIOS will not let you load old BIOS!

Replied >>>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

Please do keep me updated if you see anymore reports of this, Let me know here or at XS and I will pass it along.

I assume they already know, but I will be speaking with Colin here shortly tonight or Monday. They are probably about ready to roll out the next Beta for Ud5 anyway.

Hey, did you test S3 at all overclocked with that BIOS?

How about overclocked was there still false starts always (Double/Triple boot, On EVERY boot)? Not the usual one you may see when changing settings, I do not mean that. This issue may have already been corrected in the UD5, not sure so I thought I would ask as I know it has not yet been for the UD4P

Comment

Working...
    X