Can not boot with GA EX58-UD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not boot with GA EX58-UD4

My computer keeps restarting with everything connected. There is also no beeps. Only if I remove all three RAM memories it will start and keep running but still only blank screen and no beeps. I have also tried all 3 RAM separately and also have reset the CMOS but no change.

Motherboard<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:p></u1:p> :Gigabyte - Socket 1366 - ATX Intel X58 (GA-EX58-UD4) Graphics card:<u1:p></u1:p> Asus GeForce GTX260 896MB (ENGTX260). Memory:Crucial CT3KIT25664BA1339, DDR3 1333MHz 6GB KIT CL9 Kit w/3x DDR3 2GB,1,5V.PSU:<u1:p></u1:p> Cooler master real power M700 700W<u1:p></u1:p> CPU:<u1:p></u1:p> Intel core i7-920 2,66GHZ<u1:p></u1:p>.<u1:p></u1:p><u1:p></u1:p> Harddrive:<u1:p></u1:p> Western digital: Velociraptor 150 GB SATA II.

Re: Can not boot with GA EX58-UD4

Is that PSU good enough for that GFX card? Just checking as I am not up- to date with Nvidia these days.

Can you test with a older smaller card and the one stick of ram?

You say it works with one stick right at least enough to keep running, does it work with all 3 as well one at a time I mean? I mean are you sure each one stick works the same by themselves?

Are you using the correct Cable for your card? I mean the correct DVI cables. You do have the 8pin and 24pin connected to the boar correct? Have to ask.

Did you check for Bent Pins in the CPU Socket before you installed the CPU?

Comment

Comment

Hmm, well yes please check for bent pins then to be sure this is not the issue

And please then also try clearing the CMOS with the method I outlined here in Post #2 >>

If you still have no luck with things, and do not have any bent pins in the CPU Socket you should get your board out of the case and off of the motherboard try and set it on a box or wooden table and then try it all again with ONLY the CPU/Heatsink, memory, and GFX card. No drives or other items connected, this is to rule out shorts and or other faulty hardware as the cause of your issues.

If you have no luck after that you will have to decide if you want to RMA the board or Memory first. This memory shows up as compatible with This board at Crucial's site, but I will shoot off a email to My contact Kelly at Crucial and ask her if she knows for sure if it has been tested or not. I had already planned to ask about compatibility with a few kits already and just have not had time yet so thanks for the reminder

Should have a answer for you about that Monday or Tuesday I would imagine
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-21-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I have sent a email to Crucial about this kit and a few others that have shown up lately with similar issues. I will let you know their thoughts as soon as I hear back from them

Comment

Thanks again for support!

I tried and checked everything you adviced me to do:

- There are no bent pins in the CPU socket.

- I followed carefully your guide to clearing the cmos and waited more than 20 minutes before removing jumper on the "clear CMOS pins" and put the battery back. I also hold the case power on switch for more than a minute with the jumper on. After that I removed the battery for more than 20 minutes.

-I got the board out of the case and of the motherboard tray and put it on a box with only CPU/heatsink, memory and gfx-card. With any memory sticks installed it only continued to restart as before. I again tried all three ram sticks separetely on DDR3_1 and DDR3_3 as well as with or without gfx-card. I also tried with my older pci-graphic card.
            There is still no change and when connecting the screen with any of these two graphic cards the screen shows that there is no connection.

Again only when no memory sticks are installed everything runs without restarts but still no contact with screen or any beeps/sounds.

-I also have got the motherboard replaced with a new one of the same model GA EX58-UD4. The problems are still the same.

-My questions now are: -Should it be possible to boot without ram sticks?
            -I read on cooler masters support forum that they are having some problems with some of their PSU:s together with some motherboards because the motherboard dont get power quick enough and therefore it restarts. As restarts only happens with memory sticks installed I guess this should not be the problem. Anyway I will ask on their forum also and report back if they have had any problem with this motherboard.

I will wait for the answer you get from crucial about memory compatibility.

Comment

I have done some more tests:

I have two older PSU:s which i just tried with( an silverstone 300W and a Enermax whisper 350W).
              I tried them with only CPU/heatsink, RAM sticks and graphics card connected to screen. They booth work to boot my old computer but with my new installation the story is just the same. It keeps restarting. With no RAM sticks installed everything runs but the screen shows no connection at all just blank screen and with any RAM installed it keeps restarting.

I also tried my new PSU the cooler master "Real Power M700" with my old computer and it booted normally without problem.

If it should be possible to boot without RAM sticks then it must be the motherboard i must replace. If not there could be a compatibility problem between motherboard-PSU or the RAM is not compatible with the EX58-UD4?? It will be interesting to know what crucial say about the RAM.

Comment

I just had a livechat with crucial about compatibility between EX58-UD4 and the crucial ram stick kit CT3KIT25664BA1339.

As I have tried all three ram sticks separately on DDR3_1 and DDR3_3 i got this answer:

Maybe your contact at crucial have more information.

Comment

No, the board should not be able to boot without memory installed, you must have ram installed for the system to post.

Sorry, My Crucial Contact Did not get back to me today, must be busy? I will email again if I do not get a reply by tomorrow

Comment

My Contact at Crucial said they are not aware of any issues, and these models have been Tested By Gigabyte, but will look further into things and see if anything can be found that needs to be addressed.

Comment

Working...
                    X