Gigabyte's EasyTuner 6 - GetCPUInfo "Load ycc fail" when machine is idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte's EasyTuner 6 - GetCPUInfo "Load ycc fail" when machine is idle

I honestly dislike motherboard manufactures software. In my old Abit board they also had some tuner software that was always doing something crazy. I guess this saga of junky software continues with EasyTuner 6.

I am constantly getting the GetCPUInfo fail message "Load ycc fail!!". Seems to be happening when I am not using the machine when its idle and or possibly going into sleep. I say possibly because again the machine is just on and not doing anything except for shutting the monitor off.

Anyone else getting this flaky message? My specs are below
    Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P Motherboard (F10F Bios)
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9300
    Windows XP x64
    8gb PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) OCZ Reaper Memory
    500gb Seagate SATA Hard Drive
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner
    Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card
    MSI ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB

Re: Gigabyte's EasyTuner 6 - GetCPUInfo "Load ycc fail" when machine is idle

I dont use ET6,it didnt work properly on this mbrd.
    Theres a bios fix out now it seems.
    ET5 didnt work well on my previous mbrd for me.
    ycc eh,its not Vcc is it?
    How is the pc running now tho aside from that, whats it running at 24/7?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I get this sometimes too. Didn't realise this was ET6. Running on an EX58-Extreme with F6b

Comment

Issues are fixed in the latest Beta BIOS's for both boards I believe, the Extreme for sure it is fixed in I know (F6f)

Comment

I've just upgraded tp F6F, so i'll shout if it happens again. So far looking good, and the first bios i've tried that worked striaght off with the 3.2Ghz setting in ET6. Very new to over clocking, so taking it easy for a while.

Comment

I'm running F7 and the problem isn't fixed. Def "Load YCC Fail".
            Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P Motherboard (F10F Bios)
            ToughPower 650 PSU
            Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9300
            Windows XP x64
            8gb PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) OCZ Reaper Memory
            500gb Seagate SATA Hard Drive
            20x LG SATA Dvd Burner
            Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card
            MSI ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB

Comment

Latest Beta BIOS for the UD3P is F9b >>

I would try that first ^^^

Latest Offical F8
              GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS Download

Please do not forget to load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS before you make your changes

Comment

I got this error message upon waking up this morning. First time after building my rig last week. I have the latest official BIOS F8. When will the latest beta BIOS become official?

Thank you.

-Laz

Comment

I have EP45-DS3R and the machine recently, after several months OK, has been failing similarly- after it's just been sitting idle. The graphics get bad, and some error message popups, like today, GetCgtable-Device IO Control fail, and Load ycc fail. According to PC Wizard, I have BIOS F10 date 9/22/2008. I was thinking it was the video card. Maybe I will uninstall Easytuner since I don't use it.

Comment

I suggest you uninstall that version of Easytune, and install the latest one >>
                    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

And I suggest you install the latest BIOS F10
                    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

Here is the latest Beta BIOS, no known issues

Please do not use @BIOS, here is a Qflash guide on how to flash and load optimized defaults >>

Comment

Hi,

Better yet, uninstall Easytune altogether and overclock using the BIOS, it's rock solid compared to Easytune and a better choice in the long run. If Easytune fails or acts up so does your overclock.

If your BIOS is F10 then it must be from 2009, not 2008.

If you would like an instructions set (step by step) on overclocking through the BIOS I'll post it on the board.

I'm still using BIOS F8 (No problems whatsoever) and I'm running at 4.0ghz on air. I could probably go to 4.5Ghz but I've been busy and haven't been in the mode to fool around with it. I'm planning to push my overclock to the edge fairly soon.

-laz.

Comment

well I have the F12 version of the BIOS on EX58-Extreme and this error still comes up once every 2 days or so...

there is no BIOS fix for it as I have the latest bios version...

I guess I should just stop using the bloody ET6 program when it fails to run properly...or if anyone found any fix please let me know...

cheers

Comment

you need to un-install easytune 6,the check program folder/gigabyte/easytune and delet the folder as it leaves a few files behind,then install the latest one,just use it to set cpu fan speed and not for overclocking
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Gigabyte's EasyTuner 6 - GetCPUInfo &quot;Load ycc fail&quot; when machine is idle

Thanks for the tip.

I have uninstalled ET6 but whats the latest version then? Isnt 6 the latest version which I had?

Also I am using a watercooled CPU cooling system so I do not have a CPU fan, so should I need to install EasyTune at all?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Gigabyte's EasyTuner 6 - GetCPUInfo &quot;Load ycc fail&quot; when machine is idle

latest easytune 6 is in overclocking tools/programs on main tweaktown page,or on gigabytes website,theres all updated versions that get released,its handy to have just to see what voltages you use n stuff,i never overclock with it just use it to monitor things
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X