X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR gigabyte EP 45T EXTREME

HI
    i have a problem, appears this message.
    BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR and then the pc restart trying to recover the bios..
    the other message that appears when i press the RESET button in the mainboard is that its trying to find and image of the bios in the harddrive..but i wait for hours and any solution..
    i dont have access to nothing, the keyboard dont work.. ps2 or usb..
    i clear the cmos,, i take out the batery many minutes.. i dont use jumper but i touch the two pins with a screwdriver,,,but nothing..(it figure in the manual)
    i press the button CLR CMOS too but nothing..
    this pc is overclocked for many months without problem.. but i decide to put down the voltage because my pc restart two times in the weekend,so i dedice to decrease the voltage.. to 1.275 .. the same with the RAM..
    and then when the pc restart appears this messaje BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR..
    my configuration is
    mainboard EP45T EXTREME
    intel core 2quad 9450 overcloked to 3.2ghz
    ram: mushking ddr3
    video. ati radeon 4870 512mb
    power supply: antec 650w
    windows xp 64bits
    i dont have a floppy drive,,but the technic said that this not will work,, he said that all of the configuration in bios need to be reinstall..
    so.. any ideas what is the solution for my problem???
    i try for many hours..without solution..
    thanks a lot.
    depecheboy

Re: problem BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR gigabyte EP 45T EXTREME

I also had the SAME problem too! =.=".

I RMA'ed the first board...it was only 4 days old till it had the same error.
    Then for the 2nd board, it worked fine until the next day it suddenly wants to do the same thing!!!.

Yeah the technician is right, something seems to be corrupting the BIOS, not even i knew what would do such a thing.

I dont think there is any solution for this atm, I just gave up after the 2nd board and changed to an ASUS which has been working perfectly for over a month now.

I suggest waiting for some more replies and [hopefully] more answers. Try unplugging random things and see if it works.

Other than that an RMA is the only option.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

i buy it in july 2008,,and overclocking many times.. i dont understand what happends now.. if i put down the values of voltage...
      any other solution to RMA?

Comment

A floppy WOULD work IF you had one ALREADY installed and set as first boot device.

What you should try now is to try to clear the CMOS fully with my suggested method in Post #2 here >>>

Then remove all but one stick of ram in slot one and see if you can then start the system up or not

If you cannot, let me know and I will send you a last resort link before you would have to RMA the board

I would imagine if you guys are leaving settings on Auto or defaults then this may be your issues. Once you get going be sure to manually change Performance Enhance to standard, set your ram voltage manually, and be sure Static tRead Value (tRD) is not set to low (So set it manually to higher then what you see for Auto on each channel, they should match as well) As for specifics, I would need to know your specs, and of course the board would have to be working before I could advise you best what setting you should use, but often Auto does not match, and or is too low

Comment

hi Lsdmeasap
          i try to keep out one kit of memory and see if it upgrade ...
          actually it recognized my 4GB...
          the bad notice its that i dont have floppy device instaled..and dont have configure it in boot device
          well.. i would read the post and try to clear cmos..
          but finally i buy this mainboard because gigabyte says that this mainboard is for overclocker users.. the power of power..the best of the best...

Comment

So did you get your CMOS Cleared? If it did not help let me know and I can send you a link to your last resort to try before you would need to RMA

Comment

hi
              i cant restore the mainboard...
              the problem of RMA is that i live in PERU... i bought the mainboard by amazon and then imported to my country...
              its not good for me to send the product,, pay new taxes, new delivery ... with this money i prefer to buy other mainboard.. to other manufacter.
              Please if you can send the last resort.. maybe it works..
              but i feel bad,, i pay a lot of money for this mainboard,,an in 6th months it crash..
              i have good ventilation(6 fans),good power supply(antec 650w) good procesor (quad 9450) good video(ati hd4870) good case(antec 9hundred)
              and i think good mainboard.. but..
              well.. thanks a lot Lsdmeasap

Comment

Yeah, gigabyte boards are pretty good, but when the safety features backfire on you it really screws us over =.=".

P35-DS4 = 1 year and going fine
                P45-DS3P = 4 days fail, 2ND DS3P = 1 day fail.

I have really wondered why this damn checksum crap even occurs, it could be a faulty batch of motherboards :S.
                On my 2nd RMA, i just gave up...got fed up with error and changed MB to an asus.
                Asrock P55-Extreme
                Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
                2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
                ASUS HD5850
                1TB Samsung SATA II
                Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Last edited by depecheboy; 03-13-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Nice! So you don't need the last resort link then right? You got it going right?

I asked you to clear the CMOS using my method or try one stick of ram, did you just wait until now to try that or was it different ram?

Comment

hi
                      it updates the size of ram,but i have the same mistake,,
                      BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR etc... and then the pc restart...
                      or this other message... "trying to create an bios image from harddrive".. but its the same... dont work..
                      so i prefer to see your final solution the last resort :(
                      i hope this restore my mainboard :(
                      thanks.

Comment

Can you enter the BIOS with one stick of ram then or not? If you can, then you do not need to use the last resort method because you can easily flash your BIOS using Qflash to the latest BIOS and see if that helps.

The last resort is for boards that will not enter the BIOS or Qflash in any way

Did you ever Clear the CMOS using my method, if not please also do that then try to enter the BIOS with one stick of ram in slot one

Your last post sounded like it was working, did I just misunderstand you?
                        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-14-2009, 04:58 AM.

Comment

ok..i will try with qflash..
                          but in this moment my pc DONT have a floppy disk,, and in the setup i dont remember if i configure it to boot .. i dont know if qflash works..
                          im not an expert in hardware...but i will try
                          thanks...
                          Last edited by depecheboy; 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hello, iam having this same problem with my gigabyte ga-ep45-ds4p, did as you said in the post regarding clearing cmos, and removed all but one ram. still cant access bios, is it possible to get that last resort link?

Thanks

Comment

Have you tryed disconnecting all your HDD's and let it recover from the backup BIOS? Same thing happened to me two or three times on my old DS3L. For the first time I waited for a couple of hours but nothing happened. So I powered of the system, removed the SATA plugs from my HDD's and powered on the system. The backup BIOS went doing it's job and my board was like new in less than 30 seconds.
                              GA-EP45-UD3R (F12)
                              Zalman CNPS-7000C-CU
                              [email protected]
                              2x2GB A-DATA Vitesta 800+ CL4 Extreme Edition @ [email protected] (5-5-5-15)
                              Asus EN9800GT Ultimate @ 810/2000/2200
                              Seagate 250GB + WD 500GB + WD 640GB
                              Asus DRW 1608-P
                              BenQ G2010WP
                              Thermaltake TR2 500W
                              Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                              X