internal speaker problem ga-ep45-ds3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal speaker problem ga-ep45-ds3l

I installed internal speaker in 4 pin speaker connection on this motherboard. After initial 1 beep the speaker emits a high pitch noise which doesn't go away. Installed similar speaker on ga-ep35-ds3l mobo last year and had no problems.Anyone have any thoughts?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Re: internal speaker problem ga-ep45-ds3l

Have you tried reversing the wiring? Maybe you have it connected backwards, or it is labeled backwards.

Can you test this speaker on another PC, maybe it is faulty?

And hey, what do you mean 4pin? There is only 2 pins, just checking to be sure

Comment

I have tried 5 of them and they all have the same problem. I've also reversed them. Sorry, I didn't mean the speaker has 4 pins. I connected speaker to 4 pin speaker connector on MOBO. The speaker has only 2 active wires as follows:

x(red) x(empty x(empty) x(black)

Thank you for your help

Comment

Ahh, ya I just had to check to be sure you meant that! You would be surprise at the things I see connected to wrong places around here

You sure there is nothing grounding them out or shorting them on the backside of the board?

Could just be faulty pins/slot for the Speaker but Nothing to RMA over, I would think anyway. Just run without the speaker, then if you ever have issues you can plug it back in to listen for error beeps

Have you tried it without your GFX card connected, just to see if the same Screech is emitted? Of course you would get some error beeps, but you should be able to tell if the same issue is present after the error beeps.

Sometimes GFX Cards or PSU's can cause interference, but that is normally heard thru the main speakers

Comment

Working...
        X