Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EX58-UD5 Constantly Resets... Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 Constantly Resets... Please help!

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so please excuse me if I don't follow any standard protocol here...

I just got a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, and when I try to power it on for the first time the lights and fans come on for about 3 seconds and then it turns off, turns on again, off again, and so on in a constant loop. Can't even access the bios.

I've searched the forums a bit and have seen several other threads where people have had a similar problem with Gigabyte boards, but nobody seems to have a solution.

Here's my other hardware:
    Intel i7-920
    3x2gb OCZ 1600LV6GK DDR3 memory
    Corsair 650w PSU
    ATI X1900 video card

I've tried disconnecting ALL peripherals, running 1 stick of RAM, even NO RAM, and it still does this. PC speaker is connected and I'm not getting any beeps. I've also tried reinstalling the CPU, checking for bent pins, etc... Where do I go from here?

Re: EX58-UD5 Constantly Resets... Please help!

Welcome aboard, no protocol here!

Do you have the ATX 12V 8Pin Power plug fully connected, and the 24pin? Sorry, have to ask to be sure

You do have the memory in the correct slots right? 1, 3, 5 White slots.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS? If not, try with the button, and if you have no luck with that please try my suggested method from post #2 here >>>

If you still don't get anywhere you are going to need to get the board out of the case, and off the tray and onto a box or wooden table. Then use ONLY the CPU, 2 sticks of ram, and your GFX card. NO DRIVES, ect and see if it will start then. If not you may need to RMA the board

Comment

i am getting the same problem =( just loop's restarts clicking the clr cmos button on the back usta get it working after a while but now doesnt do a thing =(

Comment

Did you try the above things I mentioned? What is your full specs, and what BIOS are you using?

Comment

i don't know the version of the bios simply because i cannot get into bios =(
          Full specs:
          Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard
          Intel Core i7 920 2.66ghz
          Patriot 6gb ddr3 (1600mhz)
          EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 Superclocked
          Antec 1200
          BenQ E2200HD 22in Widescreen LCD Monitor
          Samsung 500gb HDD
          Thermaltright 120-extreme
          Corsair 750w
          Last edited by Roh123red; 03-09-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Can you borrow some other DDR3 or pickup a stick or two of some cheaper or slower ram just to test with, a different brand is what I mean mainly? I ask because this is about the 15th thread I have seen with issues using Patriot memory in X58

Comment

only way for diffirent ram mate is buying some..,would it be easier just to send it back to the store i bought it off see if i can get RMA, or should i buy some diffirent ram
              Last edited by Roh123red; 03-09-2009, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Ok, so here's the update...

First, let me say that yes, I have tried clearing the CMOS. I have also tried running everything with NO peripherals, didn't help. The RAM is in the correct location as well, and I recently switched out graphics cards. Also, I can't update the bios, because I generally can't even get to the bios.

Anyways, for some reason, last night, the motherboard finally switched on and stayed on! I though my problem was solved. I configured the entire bios, formatted three drives, installed XP, and was up and running. I had no idea what caused the problems to begin with, but i didn't really care.

Then, of course, today I go to start the computer, and I'm back to this endless loop. I can't get to the bios, (I tried clearing the CMOS again), and the computer won't even get to the point where it beeps.

As a final step before RMA, I'm going to take the entire board out (ugh my wiring was so neat) and try running it on a wooden table, or whatever. Maybe there is some weird short?

Does anyone know how to talk to Gibabyte tech service? I can't find a number for them.

Comment

@ Roh123red

Not sure man, as I am not 100% sure that is the issue. I would start there myself but that is all up to you and your wallet $$

@ Brandon72

Ya, I would try it on a table for sure before you RMA

You can contact Gigabyte Tech here >>>
                  GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

And here you can get Phone Numbers for various locations >>
                  GIGABYTE

Comment

i have sent the mobo back today and they will do further testing =)

Comment

Alright, got an email reply from Gigabyte (I wish I could talk to someone) who told me that the on/off cycle thing is usually a problem with the motherboard, but that I should try various steps first (everything people here suggested... change RAM, PSU, take MB out of case, etc...). I tried everything, and nothing worked, so I'm sending it back. Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated.

Comment

Well good luck with your RMA, post back once you get your new board and let us know how you get along

Comment

Working...
                        X