MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: [Set to Fail-Safe Default]
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................: [Set to Fail-Safe Default]
    CPU Frequency ...........................: [Set to Fail-Safe Defult]

Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 3600 MHz (400 x 9)
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........: Auto

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<<
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<<
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<<
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<<

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............:
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............:
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................ 5
    tRCD ......................................... 6
    tRP'........................................... 6
    tRAS.......................................... 18

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first. Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD........................................... [Auto]
    tWTR.......................................... [Auto]
    tWR............................................ [Auto]
    tRFC........................................... [Auto]
    tRTP........................................... [Auto]
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................: [0]

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps

Channel B
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps

Motherboard Voltage ControlCPUMCH/ICHDRAM

Re: Trouble with GA-EP43-DS3L

I am new to this so I don't know much about this to give you all the information. I just can't get my PC to run with 4 GB of any sort of RAM. I had 4 x 1 GB of Kingston 800 MHz RAM then I recently purchased OCZ 2 x 2 GB 1066 MHz RAM and still a no go for 4 GB. I can use 2 of the 1 GB sticks of Kingston RAM and have 0 crashes. I can use only 1 of the OCZ 2 GB sticks of RAM without any crashes. I am literally about to just give up. I have been looking for a solution for the past 2 weeks non stop.. I run memtest with every variation of the RAM possible with 0 errors every time. I had even set the timings to 5-6-6-18 and the voltage for my OCZ RAM to 2.1 V and I still got random crashes. Please for the love of god and all that is decent...help .

Comment

bump...

Comment

Bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Sorry for the late reply here Righty, I have been pretty backed up. And when you Bump a thread it goes to the top of the list, which is last in my replies as I start at the back end of new posts each night when I get in.

Anyhow, I can help you for sure!!

I need to know which set of ram you plan to use since you mentioned two, and please give me a link to that or the Model #. Then please also tell me what CPU you are using

Once I have that info I can give you a full set of timings and settings to work with that should get you going pretty easy.

And you can do this now or later when I get you some settings, but you HAVE to load optimized defaults, then save and apply F10 and reboot BACK to the BIOS and set all your settings again including SATA Settings.

Using Fail Safe may be part of your issues as of now, as it sets many things way to low.

So you will want to start from Optimized defaults once I get you some advice.

For now, without your ram info, all I could advise for 4GB is you should put performance enhance on standard, set your ram voltage to it's spec (normally 2.0-2.1V), set MCH Core Voltage to 1.2-1.26, set tRFC to 54 -62 manually, set static tread value to 9 for now

I will advise better once I have your hardware info. I will reply back later tonight, hope you see this before then

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My RAM is OCZ2G10664GK. My CPU is Intel 8400 3.0 GHz Revision E0. I have it overclocked successfuly to 3.6 GHz and am running great with my Kingston RAM. I am wanting to run my OCZ RAM however becasue it is faster and is 4GB. So please advise me on what I should do for my OCZ RAM. I also need to know what I will have to do with my SATA settings like you mentioned ealrier. Thank You.
              Last edited by righty; 03-07-2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

What have you set system memory multiplier to? You left that blank in the template. Try setting it to 2.0D too see if the RAM runs at 800 MHz. If it does work we can try clocking it higher, but there's not much performance you'll get from higher clocked RAM (see the link in my sig).

Comment

The only RAM I can get to run is my Kingston 2 x 1GB RAM and 1 stick of my OCZ 2 GB RAM at a time. I try to install another 2 GB of my Kingston RAM and I have the same problem (random crashes in windows). Yes that is actually what I have my Kingston RAM running at right now (2.00D).

Comment

I just can't get 4 GB to run at all. I have tried every variation of my RAM possible and still get crashes when I use 4GB. I know my RAM slots are not bad because I have used all 4 of them with each stick of RAM I own and all of them worked...until I try 4 GB. I know the RAM is not bad because I have ran Memtest for each and every single stick I own and with 0 errors. I don't think my Mother Board is broken. I am just not getting my settings set right some where.

Comment

Just something else I wanted to add is that I got a suggestion from someone from the OCZ forums to set my Trfc to 60, set my FSB to 333, and set my RAM to 1066 MHz (3.2) and with these settings I got the same thing. But I never tried using optimized defaults or changing any of the voltages that you suggested above becasue they never suggested that. I set the DRAM voltage of course to 2.1 though. I don't know anything about the other voltages accept the CPU Vcore.

Comment

You should save your current overclocked settings to a profiel (press F11 in BIOS) and try to run the RAM at stock settings first. If it runs at stock we can start from there and overclock the CPU again.
                        I've also noticed that sometimes when I change RAM I need to completely discard my old settings (i.e. load optimized defaults) to get it to run. I can then enter the same settings again and it will run. It seems the BIOS changes some invisible settings specific to the RAM you're using when you're overclocking, at least that's the only explanation I've come up with until now.

Comment

The BIOS often changes many hidden settings at various times. That is why Optimized defaults must be loaded when you flash or build a system so the hidden settings per your hardware are applied

OK this is what you need to do for SATA Settings and loading optimized defaults, not so much of a worry since you are not using RAID. Just go into Integrated Peripherals BIOS page and write down what you have set for SATA Settings, thats it.

Now shut down and put in ONE of the 2GB stick and go into the BIOS

Then Go the the MAIN page of the BIOS and load optimized defaults and then set your ram voltage only then save and apply/reboot back to the BIOS. Once you are back into the BIOS set your SATA Settings back to how you had them, and then go into the Advanced BIOS page and into Hard Disk Boot Priority and move your OS Disk to the top of the list if it is not already.

Then go into MIT and set MCH Voltage to 1.24 and save and apply and shut down the system (you may need to reboot and let windows load to shut down) Then put in your second stick of ram, so we are using Slot 1+3 now. Then start the system and enter the BIOS and then set things as I suggest below >>>

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                          Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto or Fast
                          CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9
                          Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................: 0.0
                          CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.60

Clock Chip Control
                          Standard Clock Control
                          CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
                          CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 3600 MHz (400 x 9) << use 399 or 401
                          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........: Auto

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
                          CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800
                          PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900
                          CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<<
                          MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<<

DRAM Performance Control
                          Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
                          Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
                          (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
                          System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.66D (If you have issues with this, set to 2.00B or D for now and run the ram at 800Mhz until I can advise you further)

Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1066
                          DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
                          CAS Latency Time........................ 5
                          tRCD ......................................... 6
                          tRP'........................................... 6
                          tRAS.......................................... 18

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first. Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

Advanced Timing Control
                          tRRD........................................... 3-4
                          tWTR.......................................... 3-6
                          tWR............................................ 4-8
                          tRFC........................................... 52-62Advanced Settings
                          Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                          No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                          CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                          C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                          x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                          CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                          CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                          Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
                          Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

I tried your settings and set all the advanced timings to the highest possible and my PC restarted on me twice without even making it to the mother board splash screen. I am now having to run my OCZ RAM on optimized defaults. It is running like it usually does but I will soon have a crash most likely and will have to use my Kingston RAM AGAIN. Could you explain to me what POST means? I mean is that when it makes it to the mother board splash screen?

Comment

Post means when your PC posts the BIOS and memory/CPU info and then the IRQ Screen. Why do you ask?

Please post all the full settings you applied and I will advise back, maybe you still missed something, or set something to low and did not notice? Or maybe we need to try something higher for a setting or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X