UD3P + 8GB corsaid dominator 1066..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD3P + 8GB corsaid dominator 1066..

I have looked and poked around the forums hoping to find a simple solution to my problems... But everything is for overclocking and such...

Let me say that I am not a tweaker, right now, I dont even care about over clocking... I just want the machine to run properly...

All I really want is the bios settings to make this thing run stock... My CPU is a Q6600 quad core...

Right now, I have the following RAM at my disposal...

OCZ Reaper 1066 (4x2GB) [OCZ2RPR1066GK]
    Corsair Dominator 1066 (4x2GB) [CM2x2048-8500C5D]

No matter what I do, I can not get 2 sticks of ram to operate in dual channel mode let alone 4 sticks of the ram to function... I can run 2 sticks in the first and second slot (yellow and red, right next to the cpu).

I can run memtest86+ on all 4 modules 2 passes with 0 failures individually, in the primary memory slot.

Any help is appreciated...

Re: UD3P + 8GB corsaid dominator 1066..

Further messing around, and reading and such has gotten me to the point where I can run 8gb in dual channel mode... But only at 800, not 1066.

All settings were auto / default except manually setting the ram to 800... Once I did this, I could load the second stick into the dual channel slot and run dual channel mode with 4gb. Once I ran some fast tests, I added in the second set of 4gb kit, which again worked...

Gigabyte claims to support for corsair memory CM2X2048-8500C3D at 1066... and clearly does not (there are plenty of dual channel and 1066 issues in this forum to back that up).

Anyone have any ideas on how to make things run at 1066? My technical knowledge was high in the old 386/486 days... But back then, all you had to do was plug in ram and it would work... Apparently now you have to be an electrical engineer to get all the settings right if you want a chance at things working.

Comment

Dual channel at 1066 works fine, it may just not with 8GB.

Since you are using all Auto, that is likely a major issue as well.

Ya, P45 is pretty tricky compared to back in the day!! Even users coming from P35 get lost, so don't feel bad

Please link me to the Memory set you want to run, and then give me your settings that you are using now and I will advise back

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
      [b][u]MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)[/u][/b]
      Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto or Fast
      CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 
      Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
      CPU Frequency ...........................: 

[b][u]Clock Chip Control [/u][/b]
      [b][u]Standard Clock Control[/u][/b]
      CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] 
      CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: Mhz
      [B]PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100[/B]

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

[b][u]Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter][/u][/b]
      CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800
      PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900
      CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 
      MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 

[b][u]DRAM Performance Control[/u][/b][u][/u]
      [B]Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD][/B]
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
      (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
      System Memory Multiplier ..............: 
      Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 
      DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

[b]Standard Timing Control[/b]
      CAS Latency Time........................
      tRCD .........................................
      tRP'...........................................
      tRAS..........................................

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first.  Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

[b][u]Advanced Timing Control[/u][/b]
      tRRD...........................................
      tWTR..........................................
      tWR............................................
      tRFC...........................................
      tRTP...........................................
      Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

[u][b]Driving Strength Profiles[/b][/u][b][/b]
      Driving Strength ............................

[b]Channel A[/b]
      Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
       tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
      tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
       tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
       tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
      Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
      Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
      Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
      Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
      Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
      Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

[b]Channel B[/b]
      Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
       tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
      tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
       tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
       tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
      Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
      Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
      Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
      Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
      Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
      Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

[b][U]Motherboard Voltage Control[/U][/b][U][/U]
      Voltage Type.���... Manual
      [b]CPU[/b]
      CPU Vcore�.���.........................:Auto if not overclocking, if you are overclocking please do find and set your own voltages

CPU Termination�..... 1.200V*.......: << If overclocking Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much.  Optimal range for overclock would be 1.2-1.5 depending on Vcore, try to keep at least .1 under vcore.  Auto is fine if not overclocking

CPU PLL�������....1.500V*.......: << If overclocking Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much.  Optimal range for overclock would be 1.5-1.65.  Auto is fine if not overclocking

CPU Referen.����....0.755V*.......: <<< .64% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

CPU Reference2���,,0.800V*.......:<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

[b]MCH/ICH[/b]
      MCH Core�����.....1.100V...........: << 
      MCH Reference�.��.0.800V...........; <<< Leave
      MCH/DRAM Ref.�......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
      ICH I/O������.....1.500V............: <<< Leave
      ICH Core����...��1.100V............: <<< Leave

[b]DRAM[/b]
      DRAM Voltage ��....1.800V............: 
      DRAM Termination .�0.900V............: <<< Leave
      Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
      Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

[b][U]Advanced Settings[/U][/b][U][/U]
      Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
      No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
      C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
      x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
      CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
      CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
      Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

[b][U]Integrated Peripherals[/U][/b][U][/U]
      Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Lets get the Corsair working. As I dont think it really matters which set of ram I run? They both have the same timmings and voltages as far as I can tell. The only difference is that Gigabyte has the Corsair listed as supported memory. So... If I get the Corsair working, the OCZ should work as well I would think.

Here is my current F8 BIOS settings.

Code:
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B][U]MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Robust Graphics Booster ..... Auto[/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Clock Ratio ............. 9X[/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]CPU Frequency ............... 2.40GHz( 266x9)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [B][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=lime]Clock Chip Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> Standard Clock Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Host Clock Control ...... [Disabled] [/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]x CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) .. 266[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]C.I.A.2 ..................... [Disabled] [/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> Advanced Clock Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Advanced Clock Control ...... [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Clock Drive ............. [ 700mV][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]PCI Express Clock Drive ..... [ 700mV][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps] [/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]MCH Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=lime]DRAM Performance Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Performance Enhance ......... [Turbo][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3](G)MCH Frequency Latch....... [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]System Memory Multiplier .... [3.00A] [/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Memory Frequency (Mhz) ...... 800[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]DRAM Timing Selectable ...... [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> Standard Timing Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]CAS Latency Time........... 5 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRCD ...................... 5 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRP ....................... 5 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRAS ..................... 15 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> Advanced Timing Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Advanced Timing Control ........... [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRRD....................... 4 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tWTR....................... 4 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tWR........................ 8 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRFC...................... 68 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRTP....................... 4 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Command Rate (CMD) ........ 0 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [U][B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=silver]> Channel A[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/U]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Channel A Timing Settings ... [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Static tRead Value ........ 5 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRD Phase0 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRD Phase1 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..... 1 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tRD Phase3 Adjustment ..... 1 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Trd2rd(Different Rank) .... 6 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Twr2wr(Different Rank) .... 6 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Twr2rd(Different Rank) .... 5 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) .... 8 Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Dimm1 Clock Skew Control .. Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Dimm2 Clock Skew Control .. Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]DDR Write Training ........ Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Channel A Driving Settings .. [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Driving Strength Profile .. Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Data Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Clk Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Data Driving Pull-Down Level Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Clk Driving Pull-Down Level Auto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=silver][B]> Channel B[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Channel B Timing Settings .. [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue](same as Channel A)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Channel B Driving Settings .. [Press Enter][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Fixedsys][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue](same as Channel A)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][B][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=lime]Motherboard Voltage Control[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]Voltage Types ....... Manual . Current[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> CPU[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Load-Line Calibration ......... [Disabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Fixedsys]CPU Vcore ........... 1.27500V [Auto][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Fixedsys]CPU Termination ..... 1.200V . [Auto][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU PLL ............. 1.500V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT] 
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]> MCH/ICH[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]MCH Core ............ 1.100V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]MCH Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]MCH/DRAM Ref ........ 0.900V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]ICH I/O ............. 1.500V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]ICH Core ............ 1.100V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray]>DRAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]DRAM Voltage ........ 1.800V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]DRAM Termination .... 0.900V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Channel A Reference . 0.900V . [Auto][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Fixedsys]Channel B Reference . 0.900V . [Auto][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [B][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Advanced BIOS Settings[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Limit CPUID Max. to 3 ...... [Disabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]No-Execute Memory Protect .. [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) .... [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) . [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]CPU EIST Function .......... [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]Virtualization Technology... [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][U][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Integrated Peripherals[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]USB 1.0 Controller ......... [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]USB 2.0 Controller ......... [Enabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]USB Keyboard Function ...... [Disabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]USB Mouse Function ......... [Disabled][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3]USB Storage Function ....... [Disabled][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Forgot to link the memory...
          And I was wrong in my earlier statement that the timings were identical...

Corsair memory: I have 2 4GB kits.
          Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
          <TABLE class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Model</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Brand</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('CORSAIR'));</SCRIPT>CORSAIR</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Series</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('DOMINATOR'));</SCRIPT>DOMINATOR</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Model</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('TWIN2X4096-8500C5D'));</SCRIPT>TWIN2X4096-8500C5D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Type</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM'));</SCRIPT>240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Tech Spec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Capacity</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('4GB (2 x 2GB)'));</SCRIPT>4GB (2 x 2GB)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Speed</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)'));</SCRIPT>DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Cas Latency</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('5'));</SCRIPT>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Timing</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('5-5-5-15-2T'));</SCRIPT>5-5-5-15-2T</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Voltage</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('2.1V'));</SCRIPT>2.1V</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Heat Spreader</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Yes'));</SCRIPT>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Features</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('DOMINATOR with DHX Technology. Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) allow automatic overclocking to aggressive performance settings'));</SCRIPT>DOMINATOR with DHX Technology. Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) allow automatic overclocking to aggressive performance settings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Recommend Use</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('High Performance or Gaming Memory'));</SCRIPT>High Performance or Gaming Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Manufacturer Warranty</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Parts</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Lifetime limited'));</SCRIPT>Lifetime limited</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Labor</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Lifetime limited'));</SCRIPT>Lifetime limited</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OCZ memory: I have 2 4GB kits.
          Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
          <TABLE class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Model</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Brand</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('OCZ'));</SCRIPT>OCZ</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Series</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Reaper HPC'));</SCRIPT>Reaper HPC</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Model</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('OCZ2RPR10664GK'));</SCRIPT>OCZ2RPR10664GK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Type</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM'));</SCRIPT>240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Tech Spec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Capacity</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('4GB (2 x 2GB)'));</SCRIPT>4GB (2 x 2GB)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Speed</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)'));</SCRIPT>DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Cas Latency</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('5'));</SCRIPT>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Timing</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('5-5-5-18'));</SCRIPT>5-5-5-18</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Voltage</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('2.1V'));</SCRIPT>2.1V</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Heat Spreader</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Yes'));</SCRIPT>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Features</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Patent-pending Reaper HPC Heatsink
          All-black PCB
          EPP-Ready
          2.15V EVP'));</SCRIPT>Patent-pending Reaper HPC Heatsink
          All-black PCB
          EPP-Ready
          2.15V EVP
          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Manufacturer Warranty</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Parts</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Lifetime limited'));</SCRIPT>Lifetime limited</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Labor</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Lifetime limited'));</SCRIPT>Lifetime limited</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

OK, well I see some initial issues right off the bat. You are starting from Fail-Safe defaults, you should load optimizzed defaults and save and apply and reboot and start over again. Fail safe will set some hidden settings lower then you want, so don't start with that.

Be sure you reboot back to the BIOS after you load and apply optimized as you will HAVE TO set your SATA and disk settings again BEFORE you load windows as they may not be set to what you needed.

After you load optimized set ONLY your ram voltage and save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS and set your disk settings, ect and reboot back to the BIOS then set your Hard Disk Boot Priority in the advanced section. Then you can start on the MIT

I would suggest you start with this for 8GB Corsair you listed

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
            Robust Graphics Booster ..... Auto
            CPU Clock Ratio ............. 9X
            CPU Frequency ............... 2.40GHz( 266x9)

Clock Chip Control
            > Standard Clock Control
            CPU Host Clock Control ...... [Disabled]
            x CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) .. 266
            PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) . [100]
            C.I.A.2 ..................... [Disabled]

> Advanced Clock Control
            Advanced Clock Control ...... [Press Enter]
            CPU Clock Drive ............. [ 800mV]
            PCI Express Clock Drive ..... [ 900mV]
            CPU Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps]
            MCH Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps]

DRAM Performance Control
            Performance Enhance ......... [Standard] << This may be one of your main issues
            Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) [Disabled]
            (G)MCH Frequency Latch....... [Auto]
            System Memory Multiplier .... [4.00A] Or 3.00A for 800 of course
            Memory Frequency (Mhz) ...... 1066
            DRAM Timing Selectable ...... [Manual]

> Standard Timing Control
            CAS Latency Time........... 5
            tRCD ...................... 5
            tRP ....................... 5
            tRAS ..................... 15/18

> Advanced Timing Control
            Advanced Timing Control ........... [Press Enter]
            tRRD....................... 3-5 (Set 4 should be good for now)
            tWTR....................... 4-6 (Set 8 for now)
            tWR........................ 6-10 (Set 12 for now)
            tRFC...................... 72-82 (Set 88 for now)
            tRTP....................... 4-7
            Command Rate (CMD) ........ 2

> Channel A
            Channel A Timing Settings ... [Press Enter]
            Static tRead Value ........ 7-10 (Set 9-10 for now on both)
            tRD Phase0 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto
            tRD Phase1 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto
            tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..... 1 Auto
            tRD Phase3 Adjustment ..... 1 Auto
            Trd2rd(Different Rank) .... 6 Auto
            Twr2wr(Different Rank) .... 6 Auto
            Twr2rd(Different Rank) .... 5 Auto
            Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) .... 8 Auto
            Dimm1 Clock Skew Control .. Auto
            Dimm2 Clock Skew Control .. Auto
            DDR Write Training ........ Auto

Channel A Driving Settings .. [Press Enter]
            Driving Strength Profile .. 1066
            Data Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto
            Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto
            Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto
            Clk Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto
            Data Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
            Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
            Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
            Clk Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
            > Channel B
            Channel B Timing Settings .. [Press Enter]
            (same as Channel A)
            Channel B Driving Settings .. [Press Enter]
            (same as Channel A)
            Motherboard Voltage Control
            Voltage Types ....... Manual . Current
            > CPU
            Load-Line Calibration ......... [Disabled]
            CPU Vcore ........... 1.27500V [Auto]
            CPU Termination ..... 1.200V . [Auto]
            CPU PLL ............. 1.500V . [Auto]
            CPU Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto]

> MCH/ICH
            MCH Core ............ 1.100V . [1.2-1.34] Also try 1.05 if those do not work
            MCH Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto]
            MCH/DRAM Ref ........ 0.900V . [Auto]
            ICH I/O ............. 1.500V . [1.55]
            ICH Core ............ 1.100V . [1.14]

>DRAM
            DRAM Voltage ........ 1.800V . [2.1V-2.15V] What you set may be a little less, so check after a reboot in windows with Everest or in the PC Health section of the BIOS

DRAM Termination .... 0.900V . [Auto]
            Channel A Reference . 0.900V . [Auto]
            Channel B Reference . 0.900V . [Auto]

Advanced BIOS Settings
            Limit CPUID Max. to 3 ...... [Disabled]
            No-Execute Memory Protect .. [Enabled]
            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) .... [Enabled] <<< Disable for now to rule it out as part of your issues

CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) . [Enabled]
            CPU EIST Function .......... [Enabled] <<< Disable for now to rule it out as part of your issues

Virtualization Technology... [Enabled] <<< Disable for now to rule it out as part of your issues

Comment

I will give this a shot when I get home from work this afternoon. one question, when I you list settings as a range i.e.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              > MCH/ICH
              MCH Core ............ 1.100V . [1.2-1.34] Also try 1.05 if those do not work

>DRAM
              DRAM Voltage ........ 1.800V . [2.1V-2.15V] What you set may be a little less, so check after a reboot in windows with Everest or in the PC Health section of the BIOS
              Would I start at the lower of the values and raise until it works or?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Comment

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                Robust Graphics Booster ..... Auto
                CPU Clock Ratio ............. 9X
                CPU Frequency ............... 2.40GHz( 266x9)

Clock Chip Control
                > Standard Clock Control
                CPU Host Clock Control ...... [Disabled]
                x CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) .. 266
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) . [100]
                C.I.A.2 ..................... [Disabled]

> Advanced Clock Control
                Advanced Clock Control ...... [Press Enter]
                CPU Clock Drive ............. [ 800mV]
                PCI Express Clock Drive ..... [ 900mV]
                CPU Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps]
                MCH Clock Skew (ps) ......... [ 0ps]

DRAM Performance Control
                Performance Enhance ......... [Standard]
                Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) [Disabled]
                (G)MCH Frequency Latch....... [Auto]
                System Memory Multiplier .... [4.00A]
                Memory Frequency (Mhz) ...... 1066
                DRAM Timing Selectable ...... [Manual]

> Standard Timing Control
                CAS Latency Time........... 5
                tRCD ...................... 5
                tRP ....................... 5
                tRAS ..................... 15

> Advanced Timing Control
                Advanced Timing Control ........... [Press Enter]
                tRRD....................... 4
                tWTR....................... 8
                tWR........................ 12
                tRFC...................... 88
                tRTP....................... 4
                Command Rate (CMD) ........ 2

> Channel A
                Channel A Timing Settings ... [Press Enter]
                Static tRead Value ........ 9
                tRD Phase0 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto
                tRD Phase1 Adjustment ..... 0 Auto
                tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..... 1 Advanced
                tRD Phase3 Adjustment ..... 1 Advanced
                Trd2rd(Different Rank) .... 6
                Twr2wr(Different Rank) .... 6
                Twr2rd(Different Rank) .... 5
                Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) .... 8
                Dimm1 Clock Skew Control .. Auto
                Dimm2 Clock Skew Control .. Auto
                DDR Write Training ........ Auto

Channel A Driving Settings .. [Press Enter]
                Driving Strength Profile .. 1066
                Data Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto
                Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto
                Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level .Auto
                Clk Driving Pull-Up Level . Auto
                Data Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
                Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
                Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
                Clk Driving Pull-Down Level Auto
                > Channel B
                Channel B Timing Settings .. [Press Enter]
                (same as Channel A)
                Channel B Driving Settings .. [Press Enter]
                (same as Channel A)
                Motherboard Voltage Control
                Voltage Types ....... Manual . Current
                > CPU
                Load-Line Calibration ......... [Disabled]
                CPU Vcore ........... 1.27500V [Auto]
                CPU Termination ..... 1.200V . [Auto]
                CPU PLL ............. 1.500V . [Auto]
                CPU Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto]

> MCH/ICH
                MCH Core ............ 1.100V . [1.05]
                MCH Reference ....... 0.760V . [Auto]
                MCH/DRAM Ref ........ 0.900V . [Auto]
                ICH I/O ............. 1.500V . [1.55]
                ICH Core ............ 1.100V . [1.14]

>DRAM
                DRAM Voltage ........ 1.800V . [2.14V]

DRAM Termination .... 0.900V . [Auto]
                Channel A Reference . 0.900V . [Auto]
                Channel B Reference . 0.900V . [Auto]

Advanced BIOS Settings
                Limit CPUID Max. to 3 ...... [Disabled]
                No-Execute Memory Protect .. [Enabled]
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) .... [Disabled]
                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) . [Disabled]
                CPU EIST Function .......... [Disabled]
                Virtualization Technology... [Disabled]

The settings as listed seem to work... At least initially, I have it set and running memtest86+ now, will post results in the morning...

Few question, (probly more in the future of course...)

When the system boots, sometimes it says running dual channel interleave, and other times (most of the time) it does not? Does that mean it is not always in dual channel mode? Or?

Also, in regards to the MCH and Voltages... You gave a pretty big range. I started off with the MCH 1.2 and started working my way while leaving the Voltage at 2.1 (with 4gb initially). Nothing would work until I moved all the way down to 1.05. I then changed the Voltage to 2.12 and started the MCH once again at 1.2 trying to bring it up through the numbers again. Once again, nothing worked until I brought it down to 1.05.

I figure, I could spend a hundred years messing with all the different combinations of the MCH / Voltages... Is there a method to the madness or is all simply trial and error? Also, once I added the second 4Ggb kit... I had to up the Voltage from 2.1 to 2.14 in order to get things functional... I assume, because there is more memory... It needs more voltage to run?

Comment

6 and a half hours, 0 errors almost 5 passes... Probly good? Ran an hour and a half on prime95 after that... cpu temps got to 40/41 max... I am thinking I might even want to take a shot at overclocking since it seems so many do it and it seems things are pretty stable...

We will see, anyhow... I am pretty happy with things...
                  Yay, it works =-)

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I had replied to you about the post before these two.. Guess not You would start at the upper range of the timings when I suggest a range, and work your way down

Originally posted by TownRebel View Post
                    * Snip *

When the system boots, sometimes it says running dual channel interleave, and other times (most of the time) it does not? Does that mean it is not always in dual channel mode? Or?

Also, in regards to the MCH and Voltages... You gave a pretty big range. I started off with the MCH 1.2 and started working my way while leaving the Voltage at 2.1 (with 4gb initially). Nothing would work until I moved all the way down to 1.05. I then changed the Voltage to 2.12 and started the MCH once again at 1.2 trying to bring it up through the numbers again. Once again, nothing worked until I brought it down to 1.05.

I figure, I could spend a hundred years messing with all the different combinations of the MCH / Voltages... Is there a method to the madness or is all simply trial and error? Also, once I added the second 4Ggb kit... I had to up the Voltage from 2.1 to 2.14 in order to get things functional... I assume, because there is more memory... It needs more voltage to run?
                    You may just be missing it when you do not see the Dual Channel Interleave message? Sometimes i goes by pretty fast right? You can check with CPU-z next time you notice it does not show that, in CPU-z in the Memory tab, check to see it say "Dual" for channel

About MCH Voltage, most of the time (99%) more is needed for 4-8GB, so I posted more such as 1.2-1.35. Sometimes though less is just what works as if the board is already overvolted the MCH By default and we just cannot see the actual value. Until they put a sensor in that will allow us to see one can only guess why this is the case.

Method of finding the best voltage, Hmm I normally start high and work my way back but as you found that did not help. Really, yeap it is all a trial and error thing.

More memory voltage is not often needed like you have surmised, but you may need more voltage to the actual memory due to timings or the low (IF it is really low?) MCH setting.

Did you ever try 1.34 MCH? It really depends on the strap and tRD in use, the ram speed, and the FSB as well as to what MCH Voltage is going to work best so that increases the guesswork really

Originally posted by TownRebel View Post
                    6 and a half hours, 0 errors almost 5 passes... Probly good? Ran an hour and a half on prime95 after that... cpu temps got to 40/41 max... I am thinking I might even want to take a shot at overclocking since it seems so many do it and it seems things are pretty stable...

We will see, anyhow... I am pretty happy with things...
                    Yay, it works =-)
                    Sounds good!! Temps look good as well, did you overclock any yet?

You can try to lower these as they are pretty high/loose, but if you plan to overclock your CPU wait until you are done

tRRD....................... 4 << 3 may work
                    tWTR....................... 8 << 3-6 should be good
                    tWR........................ 12 << 4-8 should work
                    tRFC...................... 88 << Hmm, maybe 72-80 will work, depends on all other settings/voltages

tRTP....................... 4 << 3 may/may not work

Static tRead Value ........ 9 << Depending on final settings this can likely come down as well, but it all depends on many other settings so you can work with this last once you are sure and set on where you want to run things at

Comment

Working...
                    X