Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick compatability Check.!! help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick compatability Check.!! help please.

I am building a new PC for a customer in an office. As usual the standard mobo I had been using for builds has been discontinued, as a result I am making slight changes to my standard office PC build.

My question is, will the Gigabyte ga-ep43-ud3l

Work with the kingston khx8500d2k2-2gn

The compatability list on the Gigabyte site lists the
    KHX8500D2K2/1GN as compatible but thats only the single stick 512mb setup. This is the exact same model only in the 2x1 GB model.

I appreciate your help!

Re: Quick compatability Check.!! help please.

Yes, I would assume it would work just fine.

Gigabyte likely just did not have any of that particular ram at the time they made the QVL, I see Kingston also has not tested any P43-UD3 models likely because of similar reasons. The manufacturers of course cannot always have everything they both may make for testing, but in general a few tests out of the same series (Board or Memory) will let them both know what is ok and what is not.

I see Gigabyte has tested similar ram as you noted, and I see Kingston has tested similar boards but not with the same memory though. So as far as official answer goes it would be non existent without emailing one or the other but I would say you will be fine

You will of course want to setup your ram voltages manually as it may or may not pickup 2.2V.

And of course as you may or may not know, 2.2V likely is not needed. 2.1V will usually be fine, the 2.2V you see is just the max allowed under warranty not what is always needed.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-07-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you, just as I assumed, I wanted a second opinion, I can't risk instability with a customers hardware. I'll just run the voltage somewhere within the range, enough to be stable.

Comment

Ya, I think you will be fine. Just set 2.1 or so, of course run a few tests before you ship it out

Comment

You should have no problems with that ram I am using something extremely similiar in Kingston ram from the QVL list. In a 2x1 gig set up and I am stable and fine. I have a EP43-UD3L mobo bios F2. So your good to go. I doubt u will need more voltage then 2.2 perhaps less.
          Last edited by maestromark; 03-09-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

So did you get the memory yet, if so let us know how it is working out for future reference

Comment

Working...
            X