Ud3r f7 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ud3r f7 bios

Hey guys I just flashed my bios from F6 to F7 and and now I cant seem to pass intel burn test any recommendations please? Memory spec http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-6400.pdf
    Here are my settings:
    Attached Files
    Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

Re: Ud3r f7 bios

Try switching to 2.0D memory multiplier. If that doesn't work, try backing off FSB to 425. You might be overclocking memory too much.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (F7 BIOS)
    Intel Pentium E8400 E0
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    G.Skill DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) 5-5-5-15 @ 2.0V~2.1V
    EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB
    (3x) Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA II Drives
    CORSAIR 650TX 650W PSU
    Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
    XP Professional 32-bit SP3

Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages
    Stable E8400 OC - 3.83

Comment

Thanks for the reply, for some reason with 2D my pc continues to reboot and with the F6 BIOS same settings it was completely stable. May need to flash back the BIOS
      Specs:
      E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
      EP-45 Ud3R
      XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
      TX-650w

Comment

Well, I just tried the F7 bios as well. There goes my stability. I'm not happy at all. Now I have to reconfigure, tweak, and test again. I might just flash back to the F6 as you point out. Jeez!
        Intel Pentium E8400 E0
        CORSAIR 650TX 650W PSU

Stable E8400 OC - 3.83

Comment

Yep it sucks
          Specs:
          E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
          EP-45 Ud3R
          XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
          TX-650w

Comment

Is F6 better than F5 ?

Comment

Haven't played around with f5 to much. Finally got it stable (f7) just had to increase my MCH one notch 6 loops of intel burn test. Gonna do more loops tonight when its a little bit cooler
              Specs:
              E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
              EP-45 Ud3R
              XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
              TX-650w

Comment

Not sure if F6 is better than F5 because I didn't even start overclocking until F6.

I've actually found that decreasing MCH Vcore gets my stability back in check. Go figure!
                Intel Pentium E8400 E0
                CORSAIR 650TX 650W PSU

Stable E8400 OC - 3.83

Comment

Yeap, P45 is very tricky about voltages when it comes to the MCH and the strap in use. So play around with it a bit if you have issues on a certain strap as sometimes less is better when you would think more is needed.

MCH Ref and Vtt also play a huge part in stability, so keep that in mind as well

Comment

Hey lsd any particular range you recommend me manually setting my mch and cpu reference volts at?
                    Specs:
                    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
                    EP-45 Ud3R
                    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
                    TX-650w

Comment

Reference voltages are always specific to your setup, what works for someone else with the exact same components as you may not work for you and vice versa.

Comment

I recommend CPU Ref be left in Auto until you read a lot about how to mess around with it

MCH Ref, for your setup.. Maybe .68-.73, please do see the link in my signature for how to set that as you do not just "set it", it must be set in conjunction with Vtt.

And as said above All boards and chips are different so you will have to play around and do some testing, I just offer a educated guess there is all.

I can say .76 default is almost always a bit much I think

Comment

LSD, while we're on the subject of CPU reference voltage and Vtt, here's a quick question:

I found I needed to increase Vtt one notch from default 1.200 to 1.220. I left CPU reference on AUTO. If I understand your posts correctly, my adjustment of Vtt to 1.22 will also correspondingly raise the CPU reference value correctly if I leave that value set to "AUTO." Is that right?

Please refer to my post here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/stab...-3-83-a-30823/ where I have increased Vtt as described above.
                          Intel Pentium E8400 E0
                          CORSAIR 650TX 650W PSU

Stable E8400 OC - 3.83

Comment

Yeap, that is correct. Since you left CPU Ref in Auto the actual voltage amount applied will be changed due to the Vtt change, but the ref % will remain the default though, since you left the % in Auto.

Here are the changes and what affects what. Also see the link in my signature for some details

CPU Termination (Vtt) Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>

CPU Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET
                            CPU Reference2 Voltage (.67% of Default Vtt/1.20) .80 ET
                            MCH Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET

DRAM Voltage Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>

MCH/DRAM Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
                            DRAM Termination Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
                            Channel A Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
                            Channel B Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
                            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-08-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X