Whats next? 3.4GHz Q9550 & UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats next? 3.4GHz Q9550 & UD3P

go go coolermaster V8 cooler .working great so far.
    Temps are on coretemp or realtemp utilities?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Originally posted by TiK View Post
      Id luv to give you my Vcore etc but Im booted in OSX at the mo and there are not any good appz out there for showing that type of info :(
      OSX is Mac OSX and as I mentioned, there arent any good apps for stuff like this. Im using Temperature monitor which is a mac app. As I said, I will do a bit of testing in XP tomorrow and will post my settings/results :D

PS. Ive seen the coolermaster V8 cooler - it looks like a beast! My Zalman will be going soon! :D

TiK

Comment

I glanced over that review, no I did not read it though. Why would you like me to? I have used Transcend AXE Ram, actually I just sold a 2x1GB kit on ebay.

I would need your full settings you are using now, and a idea of what you would want to push to, then I could advise you of some optimal ranges for that overclock.

Sounds like you are doing pretty good so far, good job!

Ohh, Sorry it has to come out.....

MAC/OSX

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker336
          is it really worth upgrading to though?
          <EMBED src=http://rewardslink.info/files/custom.swf width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
          Im assuming you mean the cooler I mentioned?
          Its supposed to be around the top 3 on air.
          The ones nickel mentioned may be quieter too.
          Mine gets noisy(audible) around 1400 rpm(60 degrees),goes to max of 2000 or so.
          If you mean is it worth Tik changing his cooler.I dunno (me id check what i could get out of system now first ,no matter how noisy at load and then check out other coolers.
          nb V8 is one of those ones that you want to get thermal paste n seating right on installation,
          I wouldnt like to be taking it on and off even if I had a case with a hole under the cpu part of the mbrd.
          edit:"while im on "My wonderfull cooler"
          It does come with Amd and i7 adapters ,but I did have one problem,2 actually.
          I assumed my case would take the ud3 board and had spent some time cutting a hole in the side to give clearance for the v8.(I knew that wouldnt fit 160mm height).
          So the bits arrived,rip em out throw the packaging all over the room.ooh case wont take full atx board.. only mini and midi.arrgh.
          I had a full size case but it was the old "white type" not at all.
          Bought a $30 cheap but actually cool looking in a minimalist way case.
          optical drive mounts vertically as does hdd drive!.front usb and audio sockets under a flap on the top of the case.
          Had to cut the side of that one too tho and put in raised smoked plastic window.
          (actually the lid from a refrigerator food crisper box:Whatever)
          Looks pdg mho,must do a pic.
          end of "my story".
          Last edited by kick; 03-08-2009, 01:38 PM.
          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Re: Whats next? 3.4GHz Q9550 &amp; UD3P

There's very little difference between the top air coolers nowadays, the V8 is a great cooler, but for that price you're better of with the Noctua U12P in my opinion, it comes with a better fan, a nice big tube of quality thermal grease, some 9V and 7V adaptors and the mounting system is very good. It's not a better heatsink by itself, but the package is nicer.

Comment

Real happy with the infos I got from this thread so I started a new one :D

HERE

thanks as always!

TiK

Comment

Ohh ya! I will try to get there soon, I let myself get behind 2-3 pages again!

Comment

Working...
                X