Ga-p35-ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-p35-ds3

I have the GA-P35-DS3 motherboard which according to the gigabyte website has "Integrated SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function". I've gone into bios and then integrated peripherals and selected the "RAID/IDE" option from the menu "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode" but I see no way to get into the raid bios.

Can someone please tell me what RAID functionality this board has and how to use it.

Thanks in Advance

Conor

Re: Ga-p35-ds3

You MUST plug your Disks you want to RAID (2 max) into the Purple Ports, these are the Gigabyte/J.Micron ports and you will need to use the proper drivers from the Gigabyte site for your board Or off your CD (You want the smaller .15MB Files for Pre-OS Install) >>>

Then you will need to enable the settings as noted below >>>

Integrated Peripherals

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... RAID/IDE

Then reboot And press Control + G at bootup (When you see the IRQ Screen) and that will take you to the Gigabyte RAID ROM

Sounds like you may be doing it correctly? But just incase I posted all the info for you. Maybe you was using the wrong ports? They have to be the Purple ones on this board

Comment

Thanks very much, I think I have it working now.
      And yes I was using the yellow coloured ports.

Cheers

Conor

Comment

Ahh, simple mistake man! Nice to see you are all fixed up and running now!

Post back anytime if you need help with anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X