New build ga-ep45-ds4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build ga-ep45-ds4 problem

Hello can i have a bit of advice please. I have started a new build using the
    GiGABYTE GA-EP45-DS4 mainboard connected all the hardware. my problem
    is when i press the start button the Psu starts for a few seconds then the cpu fan will start but then both stop and go into a loop. All the mainboards
    light come on some green some yellow and one red then stop. i have removed all the hardware but still get the same problem. any help would be welcome i have been trying to get the thing started for a few days now
    thanks
    i hope i am in the right thread this is my first post.

Re: New build ga-ep45-ds4 problem

Have you tried to clear the CMOS? If not, please see my method in Post #2 here and try that first >>>

If that gives you no joy please remove the board from your case and take it OFF the motherboard tray and set it on a box or wooden table. Then connect only the minimal hardware, CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram in slot one, and your GFX Card. NOTHING Else, no CD/DVD Drives/Hard drives, ect and then see if the system will start. If so, add your hardware one by one until you find the culprit

Can you please post your specs? Did you check before installing your CPU that NO Pins were bent in the socket, just checking?

Comment

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CBOB1%7E1.BOB%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp %5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for replying.<o:p></o:p>
      <o:p> </o:p>
      Specs 2 GB PNY ddr 2 dim hot2208<o:p></o:p>
      Inn03D 7300 series 256mb ddr2 TV pci-e graphics <o:p></o:p>
      Xpower gtx 580 psu<o:p></o:p>
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 main board<o:p></o:p>
      Intel core 2 duo
      When i power on the psu fan works for a few seconds then stop then the cpu fan starts for 1 second then stops all lights come on
      <o:p></o:p>

Comment

Check the link in my signature. I think this may also be the PSU, no name PSUs are known to cause this kind of thing.

Comment

Did you try the things I suggested, and check for bent pins yet?

Comment

Working...
          X