OC'ing Q9650 on EP45T-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC'ing Q9650 on EP45T-DS3R

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:34 AM. Reason: adding some words to make it readable

Re: OC'ing Q9650 on EP45T-DS3R

Sorry, I meant to put a different title addressed to LSDMEASAP but I just put his name and nothing else. WHOOPS!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Not the best manners there ;)
      With very good cooling you can do 4.2+GHz if you know what you're doing. In your case I would probably aim for 3.8GHz first.
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Very sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude. My bad. What should I set my DDR3 RAM Bios settings to?
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Try to max out the CPU and then do the RAM. If you try to do both at the same time you never know which one it is that is causing Prime to fail....

Also, I hope you have an EP45T
          Memory is linked to the northbridge and the northbridge forwards data to the CPU (via the FSB). Now the bandwidth of the RAM to NB is the same as the bandwidth of the FSB if the 2.0 system memory multiplier is used, i.e. DDR2 667 for a 333MHz (1333 quad-pumped) FSB CPU, DDR2 800 for a 400MHz FSB CPU. If you increase the RAM speed without increasing the FSB, data is transferred faster to the NB from RAM, but the NB can't pass it on any faster to the CPU than before though resulting in no real performance benefit (there's a litte benefit actually, as latency is improved if RAM speed goes up, but it's small ~5% or so).
          If you're not overclocking get DDR2 800 RAM, if you plan on overclocking in the future get 1066 DDR2 (runs at 533 MHz so you can increase your FSB to 533 (2133 quad pumped) without having to overrclock the RAM). The reason why faster DDR2 RAM exists is solely for overclocking purposes, as slower will limit the maximum overclock of your CPU.
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I have been backed up for a while now and am still trying to catch up!!

What would you like the title to be and I can change it.

What cooler do you have anyway? And yes, for sure exactly which board model do you have?

Can you also please fill out the settings template with the exact settings you are using, and what speed you wish to try to run and I will advise back
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Title Request: OC'ing Q9650 on EP45T-DS3R

I'll take down my settings and put them up in 20 mins. Wish I had a printer so that I could easily right everything down. DOH!
              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Re: Please help me OC my Q9650 on my EP45T-DS3R

The motherboard I have does support DDR3 (EP45T-DS3R). I also want to OC my RAM if that will help me with FPS in gaming. Is there anything I can do on my BIOS settings to OC my 2 Visiontek 4870 (512mb each)? I'm running Bios Version F2. Thanks in advance for the help.

**my bios didn't show some of the options you wanted me to fill out so I wrote **DON'T SEE THIS OPTION** next to them.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Turbo
                CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9
                Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................: 0
                CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.82GHZ (425x9)

Clock Chip Control
                Standard Clock Control
                CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 425 Mhz
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........: Set to 100
                C.I.A.2 .......................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
                CPU Clock Drive...........................: 900 mv
                PCI Express Clock Drive.................: 900mv
                CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: 50-1500 ps
                MCH Clock Skew (ps)....................: 50-250 ps

DRAM Performance Control
                Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
                Extreme Memory

Comment

Since your mbrd can use ddr2 or ddr3 ram,when u have ddr3 in some of the options may not be needed/apply and the bios blanks them out?.
                  Im not going to get any ddr3 till I get the i7 or whatevers out when I upgrade but I did check some reviews when I was buying my board.

"As our benchmarks show the benefit of corsairs finest ddr3 running at 1,800 mhz,is marginal over standard 800mhz/1066 ddr2,in normal applications,though gamers should note the big boost available in demanding titles like Crysis." (big fps boost) (pcplus magazine).

On the gx card (grats) I think most people just use a utility such as rivatuner.

^Heh,even tho the post title was unintentional,it sure makes everyone check it out
                  Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:38 AM.
                  Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                  Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                  Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                  8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                  60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                  GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                  Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                  http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

/bump
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Title changed!

Sorry for the late reply again, pretty backed up here still I am says Yoda!

Just a heads up (For anyone reading) I answer post in a certain way. Normally I try to catch all Zero Replies when I get in, then I start at the very back of the post I have not replied to yet and this lately has been 4-5 pages. So when you bump your thread it moves you actually to the latter part of my being able to get to your thread.

Nothing meant by that to you POOPonYOU, or anyone else. Just letting you know since you bumped your thread.

You did not say what speed you want to run at, so how Can I advise????

Yes you will need to use a program to overclock your GFX Card/Cards such as ATItools or RivaTuner

So please let me know what you want to run your CPU at, I am just not sure since that post is slower then your first but you wanted more.

I promise to reply to this this afternoon (I will leave this tab open so it opens with my homepages, that way you wont go to the back of the reply line again)

Comment

Well, I was here but you was not.....

I will check back tonight when I get on for sure, please reply to the above.

Comment

Sorry about the lack of pertinent information. I wanted to shoot for 4.0GHz since I'm using Air to cool my CPU.

Comment

You may not be able to get there?

Try this

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                            Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Fast
                            CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9
                            Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................: 0
                            CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.05GHZ (450x9)

Clock Chip Control
                            Standard Clock Control
                            CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
                            CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 450 Mhz
                            PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........: Set to 100
                            C.I.A.2 .......................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
                            CPU Clock Drive...........................: 900 mv
                            PCI Express Clock Drive.................: 900mv
                            CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps
                            MCH Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps

DRAM Performance Control
                            Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
                            (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: AUTO
                            System Memory Multiplier ..............: 3.20B
                            Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1440
                            DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
                            CAS Latency Time.........................: 7-9
                            tRCD ..........................................: 7-9
                            tRP'............................................: 7-9
                            tRAS..........................................: 20-24

^^ you may be able to use 777-20 but maybe not? I would try 888-24/999-20 or so first ^^

Advanced Timing Control
                            tRRD...........................................: 4-5
                            tWTR..........................................: 4-8
                            tWR............................................: 8-12
                            tRFC...........................................: 62-82
                            tRTP...........................................: 4-6
                            Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Channel A
                            Static tRead Value.........................: 7-10
                            tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................: 0 AUTO
                            tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................: 1 AUTO
                            tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..................: 0 AUTO
                            tRD Phase3 Adjustment...................: 0 AUTO
                            Trd2rd(Different Rank).....................: 9 AUTO
                            Twr2wr(Different Rank)....................: 7 AUTO
                            Twr2rd(Different Rank)....................: 7 AUTO
                            Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)...................: 10 AUTO
                            Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............: **DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**

Channel B
                            Static tRead Value......................... 7-10
                            tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................: 0 AUTO
                            tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            tRD Phase3 Adjustment...................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Twr2rd(Different Rank)....................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)...................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Dimm1 Clock Skew Control................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**
                            Dimm2 Clock Skew Control................:**DON'T SEE THIS OPTION**

Motherboard Voltage Control
                            Voltage Type.………...
                            CPU
                            CPU Vcore….………..................: 1.3-1.425
                            CPU Termination…..................: 1.24-1.34
                            CPU PLL…………………................: 1.50-1.58
                            CPU Referen.…………................: 0.760V AUTO

MCH/ICH
                            MCH Core…………….....: 1.100V 1.2-1.3 (Likely 1.22-1.28 good)
                            MCH Reference….…….: 0.760V AUTO
                            MCH/DRAM Ref.…......: 0.750V AUTO
                            ICH I/O………………......: 1.500V 1.55

DRAM
                            DRAM Voltage ……......: 1.7-1.8
                            DRAM Termination .....: 0.750V AUTO
                            Ch-A DATA VRef........: 0.750V AUTO
                            Ch-B DATA VRef........: 0.750V AUTO
                            Ch-A Address VRef.....: 0.750V AUTO
                            Ch-B Address VRef.....: 0.750V AUTO

Advanced Settings
                            Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                            No-Execute Memory Protect............: [ENABLED]
                            Load-Line Calibration......................: [DISABLED]
                            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [ENABLED] << Disabled
                            C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                            x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                            CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [ENABLED]
                            CPU EIST Function.........................: [ENABLED] << Disabled
                            Virtualization Technology.................: [ENABLED]

Comment

Working...
                            X