Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

Hi
    For a one week my lan was working good with drivers from october 2008 but after reboot i entered to linux and problem appeared again.
    I have downloaded a driver from realtec 26/2/2009 and will try, hope this will help.
    I just dont get it how windows drivers influence on bios becouse when lan was not working in bios also shows that there is a problem.

Comment

I have the same issue with my EX58-UD4P. It happens very frequently when booting into Linux, less frequently with Windows, but it affects the BIOS too (LAN MAC address shows as N/A) and only turning off the power to the PSU resets it. Very frustrating issue that seems to affect multiple gigabyte boards. Is anyone from gigabyte on this board who can give us a solution to this problem?

Comment

Have any of you reported this to Gigabyte? If not, please do as they cannot know about your experiences and issues if you do not >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

Hi.
          I wrote to gigabyte few days ago but still no answer.
          I have tried a new drivers from realtek (2009) and the problem appears more frequently, in windows without rebooting.
          Network disconnects few times in one hour on my ga-ex58-ds4, so i shutted down pc and disconnected power cable twice. .
          Last edited by sash_kur; 03-09-2009, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Gigabyte has answered me with a standard answer .
            Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, BIOS, power, attached hardwares...etc. We suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard and make sure others on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below:

1) Turn off power.
            2) Remove the power cord from the PSU.
            3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)
            4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.
            5) Connect power cord to PSU again and turn on power.
            6) Power on your system.
            7) If BIOS can POST, please enter the BIOS and load the fail-safe defaults setting.
            7) Save changes and reboot the system.

After clearing CMOS and load the fail-safe defaults, please run your system and test LAN function in a simple environment by only putting CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again.

But, if the problem still occurs in a simple environment, then there may be a hardware problem with the LAN controller, a further testing or examination to your system might be required. We suggest you can contact your supplier or nearest distributor and see if they can help you to test your system directly. For distributor contact information, please click HERE.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

So what i can do is only to return this board to suplyer.

Comment

Hmm, so what did you decide to do here?

Comment

I will wait for F6 bios for my ga-ex58-ds4 and if it will not solve this problems with LAN i will return this board to suplyer. I have no other choce.

Comment

Ahh ok, well good luck either way. Sorry I could not be of more help with this issue

Comment

Hi all,

I now have a similar issue.

I tried to install OpenSUSE 11.2 onto my PC on Manday and during the install the NICS were both clearly detected. After the install i had no NICs listed in Linux at all. I then wiped and reloaded Windows thinking it was a driver issue but even in Windows i have no NICs listed, the Virtual Cable test fails and nothing i have tried has reinitialised them.

I have even been onto Gigas tech support who have sent me the latest BETA BIOS that is not even available for public DL yet but that has made no difference either.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can get them going again?

Many thanks

Comment

Have you checked the NIC in Device Manager? Right click the NIC / Properties / Power Management Tab. Uncheck "allow computer to turn off device".
                      It appears that Realtek is using one driver for both desktop and laptop. Definately use the driver from Realtek or Gigabyte site, not Windows update.
                      Not real sure when the Power Management feature was included with the Realtek drivers, but I think it's recent.
                      I just replaced my X48T board and had not updated the NIC driver for awhile, I'm fairly sure the Power Management feature was not there and I don't remember what the driver revision was.
                      The driver disk that came with my EP45T (same NIC as the X48T) definately had the Power Management feature icluded with the Realtek driver, I found it when I started loosing my internet connection, so I don't know what driver revision that feature was introduced.
                      Last edited by MDDI; 07-02-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X