Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-E7AUM-DS2H Memory Timing Weirdness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-E7AUM-DS2H Memory Timing Weirdness...

Hello, I am new to this board and just registered for this post.

I just purchased a GA-E7AUM-DS2H (9400 Chipset) for my HTPC. I have 4GB (2x2GB) sticks for Kingston DDR2 800 Cas 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v.

I cannot change the Memory timings from Auto. Anything I do results in the BIOS reverting itself back to defaults. Even when I try and raise the VDIMM First to 2.0v or even 2.1v I get nothing.

Any help? Thanks

Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H Memory Timing Weirdness...

Can you please post what CPU you are using, thanks. And then if you can please post some images of your MIT page as I am not familiar with that BIOS. Please do press Control + F1 on the MAIN page of the BIOS before going into the MIT section to take pictures as well, this hotkey shows any hidden settings.

While you wait, if your MIT Shows a Performance enhance setting change that to standard and also set MCH Voltage to +0.2-+0.3 for now as well as it is needed for stable 2x2GB operations

Comment

Sure will do that when I go home. Thanks for the Help.

I Googled the problem also and found that this chipset does not support Cas 4 memory timings.

I dont know how true this is, but I was able to successfully change all my memory timings except the Cas settings. I am now running at 5-4-4-12-2T but would like to get up to 1T if possible.

Comment

Hmm, I have never heard of that issue, but then again I do not know much about AMD Boards so it may be true. I will look around for you and see what I find, about the CAS I mean.

1T may not be possible with that Memory, do you know anyone else who runs 1T with it? Command rate is all about settings of course, but quality of and specifics of the chips used in the ram play a huge part in whether or not it is going to work

Comment

Working...
        X