Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple OC settings for GA-EP45-UD3P & Q9550

Hey peeps,

Ive spent hours reading forums on OC'ing and yours seems to be the best on the spec im putting together. I should have all my parts next thursday and after a long build (only built one machine ever) I'm thinking about OC'ing the system - slowly but surely. Could someone kindly help out on some basic settings for my spec. Im a quick learner and it seems I am already hooked on OC'ing and havent even got the hardware yet :D

Cheers!

PS. Let me know if I should change anything on my spec. I might be able to change the order. Ive already got the ram as that was a special order from a different supplier. Transcend aXeRam is hard enough to find. Hope they were worth the hassle to find :O

The spec is as follows:

MOBO: GA-EP45-UD3P
    CPU: Q9550 (retail)
    PSU: Corsair 750TW
    GRAPHICS: GIGABYTE 9800GTX+ 1GB (Zalman)
    RAM: Transcend aXeRam DDR2 1066+ (EPP Ready) CL5 2 x 2GB kit
    CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 NT (with OCZ Thermal Freeze paste)
    CASE: Coolermaster CM690
    H-DRIVES: 2 X Seagate Baracuda II 500GB
    DVDRW: Samsung SH-S223F SATA

Re: Simple OC settings for GA-EP45-UD3P & Q9550

I hope it goes well.
    The overclock I mean.
    The ram ive no idea on
    the 9550 is 8.5 multiplier?
    I hope u get beyond the or at least up to the 3.6ghz quad on air point.
    Your cpu cooler I dont know.Im v happy with mine cos it both looks cool n works really well :) n comes with a 1336 kit if you ever upgrade.
    Cooler Master V8 Review - Overclockers Club
    I get away with a 500w psu.I even tried a 480 w $20 psu and it worked fine,but gl on the maxing out.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Looks good, but if you're serious abouter overclocking I would not go for the Zalman but get a Xigmatek with a 120mm fan. They have like 5 different models but they all very much the same, differences shown in reviews usually fall under the margin of error. You can also get an OCZ Vendetta 2, which is made by Xigmatek :)
      There are other good coolers there but the Xigmateks are relatively cheap and don't perform much worse than coolers then the best coolers you can buy. They're also quite compact and easy to install. If you here people complaining about push-pins (like the Xigmatek uses) then those people don't have a Xigmatek; push-pins are a pain for huge coolers like the Scythe Mugen (I know from experience...) but on the compact Xigmateks they work well.

Comment

Guys,

Cheers for the info's so far. Nickel, I know your completely right about the cooler cause I really wanted to get the Xigmatek 1283 (best internet reviews in general) but it was sold out when I put in my order and unfortunately I checked my mail earlier and the order got shipped (YEAH!) so no changes :( & :) . If the Zalman doesnt work out for me its not going to break the bank. Who knows, I might end up with the Xigmatek some time soon :D

As for "Simple OC settings", any input? What comfortable speeds should i be able to get with my spec?

TiK

Comment

For a "low" OC of like 3.4-3.6GHz the Zalman will be fine, but it will be noisier at the same temperature of course.

Comment

Working...
          X