Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boot problem @ Gigabyte UD5 X 58 while OC'

Originally posted by C3D76 View Post
    P.s. Grats on the X58 LSD. I hope GB donated it....
    Have you tried a BIOS that still has TDP limit for your board? I am trying to get this feature as an on/off option in the BIOS. Maybe if you try it (and like it) Gigabyte will add it :)
    Thanks!

Ya it came from Gigabyte. They sent me a GA-EX58-UD4P and a i7 920.

And Crucial sent me a set of 3x2GB Blue Tracers, very cool >>>
    BL3KIT25664TB1608 - 6GB kit (2GBx3), Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs) , DDR3 PC3-12800 from Crucial.com

Video of them in action (not mine of course) >>>
    YouTube - Crucial Ballistix Tracer

As for the TDP, yes every BIOS I have tested so far (Trying to solve a few issues for my board, Double/Triple boot, and I cannot at any speed or voltage manually set tWR) and they ALL have it. I have used F5, F6b,c,d,e, and F7a. I hate this feature for sure, had me confused for a while as I did not know why it was dropping a multi

I am 99% certain my board is faulty due to this tWR issue, no matter what is set on reboot I am presented with the TPM reconfiguration page. I may have to see if they will send me a replacement or just wait for the next round of boards?

Originally posted by Nicolas16 View Post
    Why dont I get the doubble boot, while the cpu is not overclocked?

If I only change the BLCK and make every option auto, then i get a stable machine right?

Right now my CPU is i7 920 @ 2,66 ghz, and my ram is OCZ 1866 DDR3 6gb.

Shall I manually go into BIOS and put ram at 1866, and change to their right latencies? 9-9-9-28

With a 920 you cannot run your ram at 1866. To even run 1600 you will have to run a 200 Bclk
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-21-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Haha do Companies donate everything for you :P?

Btw is Easy Tune good for overclocking or should I do it all in BIOS?

You say that ur 4UP is not eligble to function, so you want another board? How can you say, that it is not the same about my board?

Comment

No they do not donate everything for me, I wish they did that would be great. I buy 1000's of $$ of my own Equipment for sure. I just was not going to be able to get the $$ for X58 setup for quite sometime and Mr.Tweak was aware of this and contacted the proper people to help me out so that I may continue to be able to offer the best of support to all our users here.

You should do all overclocking in the BIOS.

I think I have found the problem with my tWR setting for my board, it is incorrectly labeled and is really tWTP. I have sent in this info with my images and findings and hopefully it will be corrected.

As for the double/triple start issues and your board vs my board that is no comparision as each model will have it's own BIOS and need separate fixes and tweaks until each is properly corrected.

My board issues and yours have nothing to do with each other. And the double/triple start is for sure fixed in the F6a BIOS for this board so if you are still having the issue then your settings are likely not correct

Comment

When can I expect the new BIOS to be out in a TRUE version and not a BETA? :) You got any clue about that ;) ?

Btw. when i flash a BIOS, shall I then delete the old one, or just overwrite it with the new one?

Comment

Sometime soon I would imagine.

Not sure what you are asking about old vs new BIOS there? When you flash you should flash, then load optimized defaults and save/apply and reboot.

If you are asking about a Quad BIOS feature like deleting your Backup BIOS that is all up to you, but I would not keep the same BIOS in each chip, and I would for sure keep two in there

Comment

Hello, first time posting... I have the same issue with my UD4P and the double start boot issue! I am running Bios version F2 and I am not sure I will overclock until they get this fixed in a Bios update! Not sure if I need to overclock anyway!
              Lsdmeasap, have you liked your board so far? Also do you have a how to section for the OC you did on your system?

Thanks, Munch
              Last edited by Munch; 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM.
              System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

I found the F6c BIOS did not do the double/triple boot, and I don't think the F4 and F5 do either but I cannot remember as I have tested so many Beta's and normal BIOS's this past two weeks.

I like this board, it is very nice! I do NOT like the new Heatsinks though, over the NB and Mosfets compared to the old P45 style ones. I like the color, but not the thickness of the heatsink themselves. They are SO thick they hold heat and build up heat way to easy. The P45 type and P35 type has those Very thin "fins" or "Blades" that allow heat to be released into the airflow MUCH Better!

Other then that, LOVE the board

Nope, no guide for X58 overclocking yet. I can link you to a few write up's at other sites though if you need some info. Check these out for some tips and info >>>
                Nehalem 101 - XtremeSystems Forums

bit-tech.net | Guide - Overclocking Intel's Core i7 920

Important 200 Blck Info (and of course, also the whole thread is a guide of sorts as well, this is single post link to important info)
                XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Core i7/X58 Overclocking Thread

Comment

Lsdmeasap, Would you recommend I update bios to newest version? Are you saying the F6c bios will fix my double boot issue? Also will my Raid array be a problem? I am more then a little concerned about screwing my system up!!

Thanks for the reply, Munch
                  System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

F6c fixed it for me but I did not use it much so dont take that comment as a absolute, and do keep in mind your settings also must be stable.

They are working on this, and S3 issues so you can wait if you like. I have been testing F7x beta's this week without luck as well, so they continue to try and get it sorted out.

No, as long as you are careful and pay attention when you flash you will be fine. I use RAID Myself and have flashed probably 20 times this week.

You just HAVE TO be sure after you flash, you go in and load optimized defaults, save and apply and reboot BACK TO THE BIOS and set your RAID Settings again, then reboot BACK to the BIOS and then go into advanced BIOS page and into Hard Disk Boot Priority and move your array back to the top of the list.

Do it in that order and you will be fine, but as you know backup's are always great to have as anything can go wrong.

Please do read my guide if you are unsure about anything flash related >>

If you are that concerned you can always do all of that with your disks unplugged and then connect them back once you have things setup correctly. But you would not be able to arrange boot order until they are plugged in, but you can be sure RAID is re-enabled and such. If you do that, BE SURE you mark which drives are plugged into which ports as they will HAVE TO go back in the exact same ones.

I leave mine plugged in and just do as I said above, the triple boot to BIOS before windows to get all things set properly. DO NOT Leave your PC or look away while it is rebooting because if you miss it and windows starts to load before you enable RAID again your array will be corrupted
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-25-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Hi i'm new to this forum and i got the exact tripple boot problems as other
                      users while OC processor can you tell me is any new version of bios which
                      will fix my problem with greater chance than the other two stated above
                      F6 or F6c thanks in advance.Im using Gigabyte X58 Extreme.

P.S sry for bad english.
                      Last edited by Psyside; 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM.
                      CPU| Corei7 [email protected]
                      MB| Gigabyte X58 Extreme
                      VGA| Sapphire 5870
                      PSU| Cooler Master RP1000W
                      Display| NEC2490-BK-SV
                      Case| CM Haf 932
                      Ram|A-DATA 6GB DDR3 @1440Mhz
                      HDD| 2x Samsung F3 raid0(storage) & SSD A-DATA S596 (OS)
                      Sound Card| Asus Xonar D1
                      Headphones| Sennheiser HD595
                      Mouse| Logitech G5
                      Keyboard| Logitech Wave
                      Surround Sound| Logitech X-530

Comment

Please... someone answer me i'm dying here...
                        MB| Gigabyte X58 Extreme
                        VGA| Sapphire 5870
                        Display| NEC2490-BK-SV
                        Case| CM Haf 932
                        Mouse| Logitech G5
                        Keyboard| Logitech Wave

Comment

Triple boot issues are fixed in the F6f and I think F6h BIOS as long as you have stable settings. Here they are, please do not use Qflash, there is issues right now with it >>

So use DOS to flash your BIOS or @BIOS

Comment

Ok thanks ill try that.
                            MB| Gigabyte X58 Extreme
                            VGA| Sapphire 5870
                            Display| NEC2490-BK-SV
                            Case| CM Haf 932
                            Mouse| Logitech G5
                            Keyboard| Logitech Wave

Comment

Working...
                            X