ga-k8vm800m motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-k8vm800m motherboard

Hi, I have the mobo noted in the title and I want to disable the onboard graphics card. In the user manual it advises that the onboard card is disabled as soon as I add another VGA card.

I plug my nvidia card into the mobo and attach my monitor to the nvidia card and I get absolutely nothing at bootup - I don't see the system booting up so I cannot even get into the BIOS.

When I reconnect to the onboard card I am okay. Having booted up I can see that the system recognises the nvidia card.

In spite of the doco. Are there any jumpers I need to set to disable the onboard video?

Re: ga-k8vm800m motherboard

You need to disable the onboard VGA first then insert the Nvidia card. If you have any problems after disabling onboard VGA and need to switch it back on use clear CMOS to switch it back on.

Comment

any ideas how I disable the onboard VGA? The manual ain't too helpful.

Comment

It should be ina a menu called integrated peripherals. Post photographs of the BIOS if you want me to tell you the exact name.

Comment

found in advance bios. You can toggle between onboard & pci graphics. All good now

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
            X