Help with OCing Q6600 on EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with OCing Q6600 on EP45-UD3P

Depends on the board of course. Usual maximum for a G0 stepping Q6600 is 3.8GHz at VCores around 1.45V load, on any good motherboard.

Comment

Holy cow. I have a P5Q-Pro and i'm at 3.4 (486x7) with a vcore of 1.42v in windows. I can't get 3.6, even with my multi at 9 and fsb of 400. That is with a vcore of 1.55v.
      I think i might test drive a new board.. Lol

*Edit*

Vid is 1.2750v and it is a GO aswell..
      Must just be a crap chip i suppose. And i rebuilt the system the other day just to give it a good old clean and it won't even boot at stock now either!
      Last edited by Quintas; 02-18-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I don't think it's your board or your chip. The fact that you hit 486 FSB on a 65nm quad is actually really impressive, these usually max out at arounf 450-460.
        To be honest I think that you're doing something wrong and with the right settings it will go higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Quintas View Post
          Hello all. I don't even have this board but i was just browsing and saw you notes about the whole 2 core problem and thought i'd regester and see if i could help at all.

Start, Run, msconfig, boot, Advanced options. Then click Number of processors, and select 4. Now reboot and see if that has fixed it. If not the Start, Run, msconfig, Boot, Advanced options, then select Detect Hal. Now reboot and all should be fine (we hope hehe)

Let us know how things go mate. :)
          Hey, thanks for jumping in to help. :) All I had originally was XP32, but I've now installed the windows 7 x64 public beta version (since I don't have a 64-bit xp or vista license). The problem persisted, and even after trying both the tips you gave, unfortunately I'm still only getting two cores when I boot up at 3.6GHz. Any other ideas I can try?

Are there any bios settings that could have anything to do with Windows' detection problems?

Originally posted by Nickel020 View Post
          Can you try Prime 95 in "small ffts" mode please? Try it several times, if this also fails quickly the issue probably has something to do with the CPU, if it takes longer to fail then it's more likely to be the RAM.
          Sure, no problem. In small FFTs mode I still got an error in under a minute, and a complete lockup a few minutes after closing prime95.

Since that indicates it's the CPU, as an experiment I tried putting my clock multiplier down to 7x, to run 2.8GHz at 400MHz FSB with all the same voltages I've been using at 3.6GHz. It wouldn't even POST - just rebooted itself with failsafe settings after a few seconds, no BIOS beeps. That makes no sense to me; any idea why those settings would boot at 9x400, but not 7x400?

And thanks again for all the help you're giving me with this. I'm glad I found these forums. :)
          Last edited by Space Butler; 02-20-2009, 09:17 PM. Reason: Added detail

Comment

Working...
          X