Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-Ma770-DS3 (REV 1.0) temperature's issue

Hi,

I have problems with MB temperature. It shows constant 63 degrees Celsius when idle and gets a bit higher when playing games. Other PC components such as CPU or GPU are below 40 degrees Celsius when idle. All fans are working. BIOS are up to date. I use Everest ultimate for monitoring temperatures but BIOS shows the same numbers. I wrote to Gigabyte team and that's what the answer I've got:

"About the issue you mentioned, basically, we do not guarantee all 3rd party H/W monitor utilities will work properly with our MBs because most of the S/W does not know our H/W design and impossible optimize their S/W for our MBs, so sometimes it may displayed miscalculated/unsupported readings. We recommend you trying to use EasyTune 5 program that we have provided on the website for H/W monitoring and check again."

Well i did what they told and encountered more problems: Easy tune 5 won't even start and Easy tune 6 acts strange (cannot use "Tuner" and "Smart" tabs and HW monitor shows nothing). Easy tune 5 worked perfectly for me earlier.

Moreover, i think my 3D gaming performance got worse (some games encounter drop in FPS).

I don't remember having such problems. Complicated stuff :) I have updated Bios few times, may it cause such problems? How could i fix this issue? Any ideas? Thanks

MY PC

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
    Athlon 64 X2 6400+
    Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT
    PQI 2 GB ram single channel
    530W power

Re: Ga-Ma770-DS3 (REV 1.0) temperature's issue

A high chipset temp is no real problem, chipsets and GPUs are allowed to get hotter than CPUs. Many higher-end video cards get as hot as 100C in 3D operation.

Yes, Easytune can mess up your system, uninstall it if you don't need it.

And the temperatures reported by Everest tend to be more accurate than what Easytune reports.

Comment

The thing is, as far as i remember, my MBs temp used to be below 40C and Easy tune 5 used to work normally.
      NB heat sink was very hot, couldn't hold finger on it so i decided to place a simple fan on it (just to ventilate the heat sink). It got much cooler, I can touch it now without problems, but Everest still shows 61C.

Comment

In that case Everest is likely just giving you a bogus reading. The way that chips often report their temperature is that they report how far away they are from their maximum temperature. But you ahve to know the maximum temperature to know the actual temperature. Everest probably just doesn't know the correct maximum temperature.
        If the heatsink is cold enough to touch and the system is stable there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Comment

This temperature does not concern me at all. I know that MBs chips can withstand high temperatures up to 110C or something. The thing is I noticed that some games encountered drop in FPS and other buggy stuff. I didn't have such problems earlier and i thought that this temperature's issue (especially NB heating) might cause such problems. But in the whole, my system is stable, no crashing, no auto restarting....

Thanks for the help anyway

Comment

Use Prime 95 to put the CPU under load and check if the CPU frequency goes down at any point.

Thinking about it, an overheating mainboard should cause a crash I think, and not a performance drop, that's what an overheating CPU might sometimes do (instead of crashing).

Comment

Working...
            X