GA-MA770-UD3 CPU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770-UD3 CPU Question

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard as well as a Phenom II 920 (2.8ghz) cpu. The issue that I am having is that when I check the CPU in EasyTune6 it in fact lists CPU name as unavailable and that it is an Agena and not a Deneb also that it is a 65ns when in fact it is a 45ns. I downloaded CPU-Z and it reports everything accurately. I have the F4 bios that supports this CPU though i have not altered any settings in the bios. I am assuming that this is one of those no brainer questions but do the CPU settings need to be changed in the bios before it will recognize it correctly because apparently it is not going to autodect the correct settings. I am running Vista x64 SP1 with 8gigs of Corsair XMS memory which I'm hoping to run at 1066 if I can get the motherboard to correctly identify the CPU. Thanks in advance for any help and I'm hoping you guys are chuckling because this has a simple solution

Re: GA-MA770-UD3 CPU Question

If CPU-Z is saying that the CPU is running at the correct speed then everything is fine. Easytune 6 is probably just outdated and isn't aware of 45nm Phenoms.

Comment

Re: GA-MA770-UD3 CPU Question

That is what I was hoping though I know I have to adjust the bios settings for the CPU (if i can find accurate ones for the CPU). The only reason I was worried is due to the fact that if i jump the settings on my RAM to corsairs suggested 1066 settings the system blue screens as soon as I load a program. I was concerned that this was due to the motherboard settings not recognizing the cpu as an AM2+. Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X