Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIC slot faulty?

Hello,

First build here, everything is set to go and I install Vista 64-bit as usual, but when I go to update I cannot connect to the internet. The LED connector lights do not go on when I plug it into the GIGABYTE motherboard, but they do when I plug it into my old computer. I am thinking of getting a PCI card; but can anyone give me any other options? I would rather not buy one if it is not needed, it just seems like this might be a defect. Any drivers I need to maybe install?

--Trionn

Re: NIC slot faulty?

Oh, forgot to mention that it is a EP45-UD3R motherboard.

Comment

Is it enabled in the BIOS, are the drivers installed?

Comment

Yes, it is enabled in the BIOS and all drivers are installed from the disk that came with the motherboard. Anything else I can do before I go and buy a PCI card?

Comment

Originally posted by Trionn View Post
          Yes, it is enabled in the BIOS and all drivers are installed from the disk that came with the motherboard. Anything else I can do before I go and buy a PCI card?
          Is there an error when you go to "Smart Lan" in the BIOS or does it recognize the connection?
          GA-X58A-UD3R v2 / i7 950 / 12gb G.Skill DDR1600 PC312800
          Prolimatech Megahalems & 2x Cooler Master R4-L2S-122B-GP (push/pull)
          2x OCZ Vertex2 SSD in Raid 0 (OS & APPS) / 1x 1TB Samsung f4 (Storage & Docs)
          MSI GTX460 Cyclone 1GD5/OC
          Corsair TX650 in a TT L10 GT

Comment

The lights go on when I am in BIOS but once I continue to load Vista, the lights turn off. When I go to Smart LAN, the option is to press enter and I do; it finds a network at -> 100Mbps. So, I suppose there is a connection, but when I go to Vista I cannot connect to the network, and when I go to options it cannot find a network to connect to.

Comment

Check out this thread....

...sounds like it might be a driver problem, try rolling back to an older one if possible, or installing the one off the mobo disc.

Comment

Working...
              X