EP45-UD3R + Q9300 Tempature issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3R + Q9300 Tempature issue

Hey guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

For one reason or another, my CPU got very close to overheating. The CPU reached a maximum temperature of 67*C. This was recorded using RealTemp. The EasyTune6 HW monitor showed 43*C. According to Intel: 70*C is failure.<o:p></o:p>
    Typically the minimum is around 37*C, and reaches a maximum of 52*C. In EasyTune this would normally read around 20*C at idle, and less than 35*C under load.<o:p></o:p>

I disabled the 'smart fan' setting in the BIOS (to force the fan to run on high at all times). This brings the CPU temperature down to more normal temperatures and according to the HW-Monitor the fan is moving at ~1875rpm. The machine runs almost normal from this point.<o:p></o:p>

So, my questions and concerns:<o:p></o:p>
    Does 1255rpm seem low for a CPU fan?<o:p></o:p>
    What RPM should the CPU fan be running at?<o:p></o:p>
    Should I try reinstalling the CPU fan?<o:p></o:p>
    Should I Look into buying a new CPU fan?<o:p></o:p>
    I am currently running BIOS version F5. Should i update it? <o:p></o:p>
    I am not heavily knowledgeable when it comes to over clocking, and I realize this is probably half the issue. Could anyone point me towards some good information on how to properly set up my rig?<o:p></o:p>
    Any reply would be greatly appreciated. <o:p></o:p>
Working...
X