E7AUM-DS2H: Incorrect sound for HTPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E7AUM-DS2H: Incorrect sound for HTPC

I'm having some odd issues with the onboard audio on this card. I've never used the onboard audio on a motherboard before so I'm not sure what to expect. Additionally, I'm running Vista x64 so that could be a problem as well as PowerDVD.

Looking at the settings in the audio properties, Dolby Digital and DTS are checked and APPEAR to work. However, if I play a Blu-ray or HD-DVD using PowerDVD, my audio reciver is reporting Dolby Digital, but the rear speakers are not working.

First of all, is Vista 64 a possible issue? Is there any reason why the combination I have would not like using the optical out for audio? Is PowerDVD my issue? Would it be better if I just bought a stand-alone card?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not sure what company's support I should be asking for.

Re: E7AUM-DS2H: Incorrect sound for HTPC

Actually, disregard the post above. I just tried it again a few minutes ago and it does appear to be working correctly.

However, I have another issue. My audio receiver is in an auto detection mode. Thereore, it has to get a dolby signal to switcvh over to revice it. The only time that happens is when windows makes a sound. Sometimes you only get half the sound if you're lucky because of the switch-over lag. Is there another mode besides dolby I can put it in during normal windows operation?

For that matter, can I have an analog output being used at the same time as the digital optical?

Comment

Working...
    X