Slow XP Boot - GA-EP45-UD3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow XP Boot - GA-EP45-UD3p

Im having issues with this board. I just bought it and installed it and it gave me a few problems
    First, the CPU was being underclocked from 3.0 to 2.0, after fixing this, i noticed i had the infinite on off loop which i managed to fix by cranking up the voltage on the memory.

After all this, i did a fresh install of XP. Now things got funky, the boot time is around 1 minutes.
    I have updated all the drivers, and i still have this issue. Ive tried different memories, different harddrives, and different ports. On one of the installs, windows itself became extremely slow, on another it just crashed.

Cpu : e8400
    memory: OCZ Reaper
    Vid Card: ATI 4870

Help!

Re: Slow XP Boot - GA-EP45-UD3p

can u give us a detailed list of ur specs?

It could be anything, maybe ur PSU.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

GA-EP45-UD3P
      E8400
      OCZ Reaper 2x2gb
      Sapphire 4870 512mb
      WD500Gb
      Enermax 650 modu82+

Ive tried different things:
      Memories
      PSU
      Harddrives

so i have discarded those things.

Comment

has anyone had any issues with any OS at all? Everytime i update XP, everything becomes sluggish and the lan ports fail to load.

Comment

Have you tried a different SATA cable? Sounds like a strange issue considering all the different parts you tried. The only other thing it might be is the motherboard itself.

Downlaod and run Crystal Disk Mark and and post a screenshot of your result please.

Comment

Tried different sata, and also a different windows installation. Now it works fine until i put the drivers from Gigabyte, then it gets slow again, and my video card starts crashing.

Here are the results

Comment

Crystal Disk mark looks OK.

What drivers are you using? SOmething is wrong with those drivers if you have no problems before installing.
              What do you mean by "my video car starts crashing"?

Please describe in detail what drivers you are using and the method (step by step) you use to install them.

Comment

I am using the ones that came on the Gigabyte disk, and any i find on the website. To install them, ive tried downloading them off the site and installing them one by one. OR just letting the Disk do it for me

The Videocard drivers keep crashing, the screen goes blank, and reboots 10 seconds after. This only happens when i run F@h GPU

Comment

The F@H GPU crashs might also be related to the mainboard drivers.

Your problem might be related to one of the utilities that are automatically installed when you install stuff from the CD (Dynamic Energy Saver and Easytune 6 etc.).
                  Try fresh install and only install these drivers:
                  Chipset:
                  Software License Agreement
                  Sound:
                  Realtek
                  And the video card drivers of course. Reboot after each driver is installed.
                  Last edited by Nickel020; 02-11-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X